CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

No on the I international player we screw ourselves enough doing that

You're right, that one guy 10 years ago has really screwed us.

I think if he was 6'2 rather than 5'9 he'd be the #2 pick.

Funny, he's very Isaiah Thomas like and you aren't a fan of him. I like Kay too but he's not a great shooter and just takes a ton of shots. Plenty of Other late PG's I'd rather have.

He is exaxtly what JJ Barea was when he cam out of Northwestern. Very talented fast offensive minded player who will score a bunch but will not be more than just a good back up PG in the league.

Funny, he's very Isaiah Thomas like and you aren't a fan of him. I like Kay too but he's not a great shooter and just takes a ton of shots. Plenty of Other late PG's I'd rather have.

I like Isaiah Thomas. I just don't think he's an elite player.

Kay is leading the ncaa in all point guard categories

He is exaxtly what JJ Barea was when he cam out of Northwestern. Very talented fast offensive minded player who will score a bunch but will not be more than just a good back up PG in the league.

Sure, but if you can get "good backup point guard" at 41 you do it

I like Isaiah Thomas. I just don't think he's an elite player.

Kay is leading the ncaa in all point guard categories

That's not unusual though for a guy playing in a conference like the Horizon League. There's always players like Kay that put up huge numbers from those schools but it doesn't to often translate to NBA relevance. The guy plays almost every minute of every game and takes over 17 shots a game against inferior competition. He's not a very efficient scorer and won't have NBA 3 point range and is under 6 feet.

That's not unusual though for a guy playing in a conference like the Horizon League. There's always players like Kay that put up huge numbers from those schools but it doesn't to often translate to NBA relevance. The guy plays almost every minute of every game and takes over 17 shots a game against inferior competition. He's not a very efficient scorer and won't have NBA 3 point range and is under 6 feet.

sure, but the draft express video goes through how he has more moves in his arsenal that gets him an opening on contested shots/lanes to the basket. That's what separates him from other small guards like Casper Ware.

Dude put up 37 and 9 and almost knocked off Michigan State this year. put up 38 and 9 and knocked off Washington at Washington. These were back to back games.

Had 30 points at Virginia

Had 20 and 9 with 4 steals at Arizona last year

23 and 7 at pitt, lost in overtime

22 and 6 at maryland

23 and 10 at Iowa State

That's enough good performances against good teams to deal with any doubts about his talent level.

sure, but the draft express video goes through how he has more moves in his arsenal that gets him an opening on contested shots/lanes to the basket. That's what separates him from other small guards like Casper Ware.

Dude put up 37 and 9 and almost knocked off Michigan State this year. put up 38 and 9 and knocked off Washington at Washington. These were back to back games.

Had 30 points at Virginia

Had 20 and 9 with 4 steals at Arizona last year

23 and 7 at pitt, lost in overtime

22 and 6 at maryland

23 and 10 at Iowa State

That's enough good performances against good teams to deal with any doubts about his talent level.

We'll see. Tyler Harvey led the nation in scoring last year too. Going against bigger guards in the NBA I don't see it. I wouldn't be mad if we took a flier on him in the second round but he comes off to me as a guy who will struggle mightily in the NBA. His usage is insane in college and he's not an efficient shooter. He won't get near those chances at the next level. I don't see the upside with him as being a successful NBA PG, there are others I would much rather take a chance with in the second. Anthony Barber, Demetrius Jackson, Caris LeVert, Wade Baldwin.

• Upvote 1

he's not an efficient shooter.

he's got a TS% of .571

so....?

also, I don't think he's going to be some starting point guard. He's just my favorite player in the draft. I'd like to have him replace shabazz/Jennings.

he's got a TS% of .571

so....?

also, I don't think he's going to be some starting point guard. He's just my favorite player in the draft. I'd like to have him replace shabazz/Jennings.

He pretty much is Shabazz without being as good of a 3 point shooter and shorter.