CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

There's a zero percent chance of signing two max players without two max slots.

No half measures. The moment we dumped Harris for expiring contracts we set our course.

So trade the pick for a pick next year. We might get the steal of the draft in 2017

I understand the plan. It is just a bad one

Would rather just try for one max contract and see if trade avenues are available. FA class better next year too

• Upvote 1

I would argue that even with requisite space, we still don't have actual room for two max contracts. Front office clearly intends oh keeping Fournier which removes one possible max

And I'm most scenarios of two max players proposed here, commonly Durant/Horford or Derozan/Whiteside, involve the acquisition of a center, which would necessitate the movement of our current center, who is the largest contract on the team, this opening up more room

If we lucked into the number 1 pick I think I'd take Brandon Ingram over Simmons. Simmons lack of position, lack of a jumpshot and lack of effort on defense are pretty troubling.

If we lucked into the number 1 pick I think I'd take Brandon Ingram over Simmons. Simmons lack of position, lack of a jumpshot and lack of effort on defense are pretty troubling.

This is the February annual "criticise the number one pick" timeframe.

Don't worry about Simmons' weaknesses. His strengths make up for it.

In the age of skyrocketing salaries, it makes total sense to keep the first rounder and hope you get a steal at your draft position. It would be smarter money to just buy someone out or make a trade of known talent to free up a couple million if you are trying to max out two FA's, which I agree is a terrible idea unless if the two we are maxing out are Horford and Durant. And the 6/7 spot has much more value than the 11/12 spot. Plus you have a better chance of lucking out and getting a top 3 pick. If you are ballsy enough to trade the 6/7 spot BEFORE the lotto you would get a heck of a return on it compared to the 11/12 spot.

Would be really hard to pass up Simmons. I can see the issue with the jumper, but I think the defense issue of wholly a product of who he is playing for currently. The positives are just too good to worry about a shaky jumper

Simmons has a reeeally high ceiling, but he also has a low floor. I've never seen a college guy as smooth as him but it may all be fools gold.

Simmons has a reeeally high ceiling, but he also has a low floor. I've never seen a college guy as smooth as him but it may all be fools gold.

Don't get me wrong I like him a lot and I'd be super excited to get him. But I think there's a chance he might end up just being Lamar Odom and I also really really like Brandon Ingram.

Don't get me wrong I like him a lot and I'd be super excited to get him. But I think there's a chance he might end up just being Lamar Odom and I also really really like Brandon Ingram.

There's nothing to show that Ingram will be any better than Lamar Odom. Ingram's best game is probably a 24 point 4 rebound game vs Notre Dame. He's generally beat up "bad" teams. Plus for every 19 point 10 rebound game against Miami there's a 8 points on 10 shots with 10 turnovers game against Louisville. Plus he's playing with a stacked roster.

Both guys vs Kentucky:

Simmons

17 points 11 rebounds 4 assists 7 steals

14 points 10 rebounds 3 assists 5/5 shooting

Ingram

4 points 1 rebound 1 assist 1/6 shooting

Not to **** all over Ingram, he's probably going to be fine. But Simmons can be special.

There's nothing to show that Ingram will be any better than Lamar Odom. Ingram's best game is probably a 24 point 4 rebound game vs Notre Dame. He's generally beat up "bad" teams. Plus for every 19 point 10 rebound game against Miami there's a 8 points on 10 shots with 10 turnovers game against Louisville. Plus he's playing with a stacked roster.

Both guys vs Kentucky:

Simmons

17 points 11 rebounds 4 assists 7 steals

14 points 10 rebounds 3 assists 5/5 shooting

Ingram

4 points 1 rebound 1 assist 1/6 shooting

Not to **** all over Ingram, he's probably going to be fine. But Simmons can be special.

I'd say 20/10/4/1/2 (or something like that) against North Carolina (even on crappy percentages) is probably his best game. I see your point though.

I think we truly need to go with a center or SF with our first pick. However, I expect to go with the best player available.

With a second picks, we need to go with a PG and a BiG International player that we can develop overseas. (Someone that we expect to eventually come).

I expect a good PG via Trade or FA in the offseason.