CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

This. We aren't getting fixed through the draft. I could care less about the draft. I 100% hope we trade away our pick and accumulate someone in a package deal. We have enough young guys on this team, if were going to improve now it's going to be through free agency or via trades.

Having a higher draft pick would give us a better chance to do that. How much value do you think the 11th pick in this draft has?

This. We aren't getting fixed through the draft. I could care less about the draft. I 100% hope we trade away our pick and accumulate someone in a package deal. We have enough young guys on this team, if were going to improve now it's going to be through free agency or via trades.

We aren't taking on any salary. If we trade the pick is going to be for a 2017 pick or second rounders

Having a higher draft pick would give us a better chance to do that. How much value do you think the 11th pick in this draft has?

Probably not a whole lot less than the 6th 7th or 8th.

Explain to me what we should do with a pick that doesn't include adding on additional salary

Well frankly I don't actually care about minimal salary additions because of the amount of space we are going to have. I would try to turn the pick into the best player I can get with it instead of just forgoing it for space

Well frankly I don't actually care about minimal salary additions because of the asking if space we are going to have. I would try to turn the pick into the best player I can get with it instead of just forgoing it for space

I actually like this too. Just make sure whatever player we trade it for is worth the salary we are bringing back.

Well frankly I don't actually care about minimal salary additions because of the amount of space we are going to have. I would try to turn the pick into the best player I can get with it instead of just forgoing it for space

It's important because here's the teams that have the salary cap room to offer two max contracts

Orlando

Philly

The Lakers.

Picking up more salary is a horrible idea and a late lotto pick in this draft is going to be worthless.

It's important because here's the teams that have the salary cap room to offer two max contracts

Orlando

Philly

The Lakers.

Picking up more salary is a horrible idea and a late lotto pick in this draft is going to be worthless.

There is no evidence showing it will be worthless. For all anyone knows, we get the steal of the draft at 10 or 12. Giannis went 15th in what people were calling one of the worst drafts of all time. Gobert went 27th in the same draft. There is no telling if or if not we can't get a game changer even if we pick in the middle of the first.

Orlando

Philly

The Lakers.

I get why you think it is important but the idea of planning on signing two max players is a bad plan. Outside of the low feasibility of this, it completely hamstrings you from doing anything until it is determined if you will or will not sign two max guys

I get why you think it is important but the idea of planning on signing two max players is a bad plan. Outside of the low feasibility of this, it completely hamstrings you from doing anything until it is determined if you will or will not sign two max guys

There's a zero percent chance of signing two max players without two max slots.

No half measures. The moment we dumped Harris for expiring contracts we set our course.

So trade the pick for a pick next year. We might get the steal of the draft in 2017