CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Vogel doesn't like offense.

Really? Where did you get that. Who doesnt like offense? In order to win you need to score. He might be a more defensive minded coach but the fact that you are saying that he doesnt like offense is ridiculous.

Indiana has been always a very good offensive team.

Really? Where did you get that. Who doesnt like offense? In order to win you need to score. He might be a more defensive minded coach but the fact that you are saying that he doesnt like offense is ridiculous.

he's being facetious.

It was an easy joke on a tee. Have you ever watched a Pacers game?

I personally wouldn't have done the trade even if Ibaka was still Ibaka but I wouldn't be *****ing nearly as much.

eh, a 4/5 who can defend pretty much anybody, block 4 shots per game, put out a defensive rating of less than 100, and hit threes is like every coaches dream.

here's something positive that might indicate why he's sucked lately:

2012- 40% of his fga come at the rim, 31% come from 16 feet out

2013- 33% of his fga come at the rim, 38% come from 16 feet out

2014- 33% of his fga come at the rim, 37% come from 16 feet out

2015- 20% of his fga come at the rim, 55% come from 16 feet out

2016- 20% of his fga come at the rim, 55% come from 16 feet out

needs to go back to a balanced game.

Not overly concerned with Ibaka's down year. I think he's our starting center but will be a huge factor in our success.

I'm more concerned with Payton's development.

Morning after the trade, I pretty much have the same feelings I did last night. I like Ibaka, but I think he's a 5 in today's NBA, so we traded our second best scorer for a non-scorer who forces us to trade or bench our best scorer. We now desperately need scoring.

I don't trust that Fournier or Mario can replace what Dipo gave us. They're better shooters (actually, that's assumption with Mario, but I'm comfortable making that assumption). Fournier is slightly better driving to the basket, but I am very skeptical he'll be as good going against quicker guards. Neither are as good overall at scoring or passing, at this point. The difference on defense is huge. Fournier is not a terrible defender, but he'll struggle against small-ball guards and switching on PGs, which Dipo excelled at. Mario has talent on that end, but he's got a long way to go. We now have no above-average perimeter defender. That's a problem when the league is all about perimeter scoring.

We still have to make more moves to make this roster work. Ibaka is not going to be happy playing beside Vuc. Gordon is not a 3, especially not with Payton at PG. So Orlando still has to get a real 3, and we still have a Vucevic problem.

This is another notch in Elf's belt. Harris was unusable because our PG required us to have an elite shooter at the 3. Dipo is gone because our PG requires us to have an elite shooter at 2G. Skiles left at least partly because he disagreed with Hennigan on Elf (Skiles we replaced with a coach at least as good and probably better, but a fourth coach in 2 years is a problem on a young team). Vuc is even more exposed on D, and thus almost unusable, because our PG is also bad at defending the PnR. Our team is being built around a heavily flawed PG who at this point has shown the rarest flashes of of being serviceable.

Now, Ibaka could be a beast in this new situation. Mario could explode. Gordon could explode. Elf could turn out to be not terrible. We probably will sign a 3, and maybe said 3 will be great. But at least 3 of those things have to happen for us to even make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

I was one of Vic's biggest supporters. I believe he has all star capability. He's not Tmac/Durant however.

The best comparison I've seen for Dipo is a mix of Iguodala and Ginobili.

eh, a 4/5 who can defend pretty much anybody, block 4 shots per game, put out a defensive rating of less than 100, and hit threes is like every coaches dream.

here's something positive that might indicate why he's sucked lately:

2012- 40% of his fga come at the rim, 31% come from 16 feet out

2013- 33% of his fga come at the rim, 38% come from 16 feet out

2014- 33% of his fga come at the rim, 37% come from 16 feet out

2015- 20% of his fga come at the rim, 55% come from 16 feet out

2016- 20% of his fga come at the rim, 55% come from 16 feet out

needs to go back to a balanced game.

Yeah, that's why I keep calling him Dorell lol.