CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Free agents will come play next to Ibaka too. No one cares about Dipo outside of Orlando fans who can't see past their own shadows.

This is a good point

I should have seen this coming. Hennigan has been all-in on Elf, and this seems like one more Elf move. Honestly, Elf better become Magic *****ing Johnson to support the amount of things Hennigan has sacrificed for him.

Don't forget that he traded Saric and a future 1st of Philly's for Elf. And Scott Skiles quit over this issue.

I always think is a silly argument. There are more GMs who "knew what they were doing" that failed miserably than there are GMs that are successful. Just because a person is in a position of power doesn't mean they are doing a good job. Peter Principle

That's very true. I just think too many people are jumping to conclusions before the roster is finally settled. We certainly don't know everything that's going on behind closed doors. But you do have a point, and I don't consider Hennigan to be doing a good job just because he is out GM.

Traded my favorite Magic player for a guy I've always considered over rated... not feeling good.

My sentiments exactly

Free agents will come play next to Ibaka too. No one cares about Dipo outside of Orlando fans who can't see past their own shadows.

Ibaka has never been more than the 3rd best player on his team and players will want to come to Orlando just because of him?

Ibaka has never been more than the 3rd best player on his team and players will want to come to Orlando just because of him?

Who do you think Horford wants to play with more, Ibaka or Dipo? Ibaka is a household name. When his numbers Surge (pun) next year, and dipo's split in half--everyone will be happy.

When we kill free agency starting next week--everyone will be happy.

• Upvote 2

I get your point, but saying he's just the 3rd best player on his team is misleading when the 2 best players on that team are both top 10 players in the entire league

Can one of our cap guys go over how we look now after the trade with space for free agents? I know Serge is a little over 12 mill a year...

I'm reserving judgement on the trade until I see Hennigan's finished product after the offseason is over, but I did grow to love watching Victor Oladipo play basketball

They added about 5 million between Oladipo and the dead money for Ilyasova (assuming they didn't keep him) but don't have to pay a 1st rounder. So they have about 41 mil committed, 5.7 on Fourniers cap hold and Dedmon at 1.2 makes it about 48.

So about 46 left for FA assuming they renounce Jennings, Nicholson and everyone else.