Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: MAGIC Vs LAKERS

@OMagicDaily Magic were just 16 for 44 at the rim tonight according to http://NBA.com : http://on.nba.com/1SKiAWR

we deserved to lose on that stat. but then on the flip side if we go 20 for its a easy win

Skiles said in the presser that we were 16 for 49 in the paint and that he's never seen that before in an NBA game.

• Upvote 1

I have to say the press conferences are a heck of a lot more entertaining now than they were the past three years. More like the SVG pressers.

Nothing wrong with that, either. Good for Skiles if he makes the Magic more fun to watch, even after the game.

I'm not sure why the consensus seems to be that Payton needs time to develop but that Napier is pretty much a known quantity. Both are second year players. I know all the talk is about defense, but the fact is we also need guys who can make shots and Napier is making shots. Should earn him more time. I thought he was tenacious on defense tonight also.

Skiles seemed pretty mad during the press conference. I can only imagine what he would have been like had we lost.....LOL.

Well it has to do with Shabazz being 3+ years older than Payton.

Shabazz is a pretty known quantity. I love him for what he did for uconn. But outsiders remember him for what he did in the tournament when he got hot. Outsiders weren't watching when uconn got blown out by Cincinnati and Louisville and Sean Kilpatrick and Russ Smith held him to something like 20% shooting with a bunch of turnovers.

He's a small point guard who plays like he thinks he's Steph curry but can only get there on occasion. He's jannero pargo. He's Eddie house. He's Patty mills. He's guy who will give you 12 points in the fourth quarter tonight but will shoot you out of a game while getting dominated by any of the top 12 point guards another night.

He's exactly what you want as a backup or maybe in the weird situation you had with Miami he could start in the Chalmers role. You don't want him to start.

We might learn this year that Payton isn't the answer but that doesn't mean Napier is.

• Upvote 1

Well it has to do with Shabazz being 3+ years older than Payton.

Shabazz is a pretty known quantity. I love him for what he did for uconn. But outsiders remember him for what he did in the tournament when he got hot. Outsiders weren't watching when uconn got blown out by Cincinnati and Louisville and Sean Kilpatrick and Russ Smith held him to something like 20% shooting with a bunch of turnovers.

He's a small point guard who plays like he thinks he's Steph curry but can only get there on occasion. He's jannero pargo. He's Eddie house. He's Patty mills. He's guy who will give you 12 points in the fourth quarter tonight but will shoot you out of a game while getting dominated by any of the top 12 point guards another night.

He's exactly what you want as a backup or maybe in the weird situation you had with Miami he could start in the Chalmers role. You don't want him to start.

We might learn this year that Payton isn't the answer but that doesn't mean Napier is.

Welcome Mike Conley next season lool

“We’re starting to get a little pushback on what we’re asking for, and we will be addressing that tomorrow,” Skiles said.

“We’re starting to leave the page a little bit too much. We haven’t had practice time, so we need practice time. Our hands are down. Several times, guys are diving to the rim, and our weak side’s asleep.”

Man that is an ugly box score. If we played a better team we'd probably have been blown out but Napier and the Vuc turnaround saved the day. Looks like Frye had a good game.

We were losing while playing great and our last two wins we played like crap... Confusing.

Omg.. I was shocked when I saw the final score. Thinking WAY TOO CLOSE

Vucevic is amazing though, he really deserved a game winner for his overall confidence

<3 Napier