Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

Magic @ Pacers 11/9

Sometimes this happens

Atlanta is 7-1 and down 30 to Minnesota.

Sometimes you go up three with 8 minutes to go in a game then the wheels fall off and you press to get back into the game and just make it worse. Don't try to take something from 8 minutes of game time. Just move on.

Yeah, but one game of good three point shooting is a smaller sample so...

I'm basically saying stats mean nothing until we play x number of games. Even then you have to consider opponent's stats, etc. I wouldn't bet on games until at least 20 games in. That's just my dum dum opinion though. The 3 pt shooting thing is just something I heard. I usually disect every team based on stats, but I've had some personal issues lately.

Frye should have came out of the game when he had the ball taken away from him by the rookie while he had it in his grasp. Its not that frye didn't have a great performance. Its despite the fact that he has a great performance, he costs the team on defense so much that he still manages to have no impact on the game. He finished with a -16..the worst.

Other than..we did not shoot even close enough to compensate for the predictable officiating we deal with. To add to that, we just got our first 2 technical fouls on the season. Payton..our most reserved....player..got the first technical foul of the season. Then Skiles..on the blatant foul on Oladipo..got the second.

The pacers almost injured both Fournier and Oladipo tonight.......you guys better be happy they aren't injured. I'm sure as hell am glad Fournier stood up. Our players aren't protected in this league at all so get use to it.

No excuses. We had it coming. The league got what they wanted to continue consistent numbers on their legal way to sell gambling(fanduel) since Tim Donaghy *****ed up their ****. Why not take gambling money..and even more of fans money...at the same TIME?!?!! wow?!1?

This game is one of the few under par games on our field goal percentage. Our bench..other than frye...shot terribly. Our starters..shot terribly. Still waiting for the 20 game mark to see if this will be our norm. Its starting to look that way.

Our defense...was great...in some instances but their rhythm was taken out by the..opponent getting to the free throw line more than us yet again.

Nothing will change until fans demand it. Refs been biased for years now.

I'm basically saying stats mean nothing until we play x number of games. Even then you have to consider opponent's stats, etc. I wouldn't bet on games until at least 20 games in. That's just my dum dum opinion though.

Sure. But with the data we have at hand it's more likely we have an above average defense than a below average one.

George Hill is a Magic killer.

There were three tipping points that I saw. One was a blown gimme layup that Indiana followed with a 3. Second was the late pass by Watson when Gordon hit the 3 (that didn't count) which was followed by another Indiana 3. Last was Frye missing a wide open 3 (it was some big mistake, can't remember exactly) which led to a 3, and getting stripped and fouling (Skiles kept him in too long) on consecutive plays which fueled the final push by the Pacers. Those 3 situations killed us.

Also , we must rim out more 3's and layups than any team. Hopefully it's a sign we're shooting better and just need a bit more fine tuning and rushing or adjusting the attempted layups.

Maybe once we break past our reputation of the last 3 years we'll finally get a few calls. Just get to .500 boys! Go Magic!

Sometimes this happens

Atlanta is 7-1 and down 30 to Minnesota.

Sometimes you go up three with 8 minutes to go in a game then the wheels fall off and you press to get back into the game and just make it worse. Don't try to take something from 8 minutes of game time. Just move on.

Hawks are back now within 3 loool good old NBA lol

That's a little presumptuous.

We lost because we missed some shots and they hit some shots and we turned it over 8 times in the fourth. Sometimes that's going to happen.

We did miss some shots in which Harris was a big part of. While I agree its the NBA and the line between a win and loss can mostly be a thin one I believe Harris has been a very important piece in the offense this year. He hasnt taken over or anything but when he scores they usually come in high percentage spots where shots absolutely have to be made. Today those shots were not made by him. He shot 23% tonight. He hits his average of 49% for the year and thats at least 6 points. Those points might of changed the game.

All in all my point was Harris may not be the guy(I dont think we will have a guy this year as multiple guys will show up throughout the year) but he will probably be the most valuable.

I'll say it again, I believe Vuc is our go to guy followed by Fournier (presently). Hopefully Vuc is better next game.

With Vooch... when the shots aint falling from the perimeter we can chuck it in to him and he does damage

That's really a weakness of any defense

I just think it's the main weakness of this defense because we expect our players to double team down low and still recover every time and our slower less athletic players have a hard time. Plus several great shots against great defense. This is why all the defensive 3-seconds , because players are trying not to get in spots where they can't recover. I don't think that the percentages are bad, we play great defense for 3 quarters , but always have a 3-5 minute lapse where we get killed from deep. That is why Hezonja was chosen to make up for the 3's we give up. We don't make enough to keep up.

I just think it's the main weakness of this defense because we expect our players to double team down low and still recover every time and our slower less athletic players have a hard time. Plus several great shots against great defense. This is why all the defensive 3-seconds , because players are trying not to get in spots where they can't recover. I don't think that the percentages are bad, we play great defense for 3 quarters , but always have a 3-5 minute lapse where we get killed from deep. That is why Hezonja was chosen to make up for the 3's we give up. We don't make enough to keep up.

I'm just saying that's every defense in the nba. The spurs demolished the heat two seasons ago because they consistently made the correct pass to beat the heats defense.

Ball movement with great shooters is going to beat any defense enough times to win consistently. In most cases we've been able to help and recover so I don't think this is going to be a fatal flaw.