Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Detroit doesn't have better shooters. Since the all star break Jackson is shooting 31% from three, KCP is shooting 27% Drummond doesn't shoot. Morris is shooting 44% but we're the better shooting team by far.

All that it takes is the perception of better shooters. If it weren't for Oladipo some would argue that Detroit just has better players overall, and that alone would explain Harris' output. I, for one, would have to think that SVG worked some magic on Harris in addition to the other argument. Frye is just benefiting from not being guarded like he was with us.

Detroit doesn't have better shooters. Since the all star break Jackson is shooting 31% from three, KCP is shooting 27% Drummond doesn't shoot. Morris is shooting 44% but we're the better shooting team by far.

That is interesting, though I still think it has to do with personnel and spacing. Detroit has one guy who draws tremendous attention inside, so Tobes can iso away from him and guys don't want to come off. Even without the %s, Detroit always has multiple capable shooters on the floor. Jackson is a better shooter than Elf, and everyone knows that. KCP may be in a slump, but he can/will hit threes and opposing teams know that. Morris has been deadly from outside recently, and teams know that as well.

On the other hand, with Orlando, he mostly played with Elf who only shoots a decent percentage because everyone knows he won't try unless you give him 6 feet of space. Vuc's strength was that he scored from multiple places within the three point line, but players were still never really scared to leave him to help on guys isoing, because Vuc was never really a lob target or a danger on cuts to the rim (though he is very good at drives).

Tobes gets better spacing in Detroit, because that team is set up to get spacing. It's not really an argument about %s but spacing.

I, for one, would have to think that SVG worked some magic on Harris in addition to the other argument.

This too. I like Skiles just fine, but I will never argue he's as good a coach as SVG. That's just silly.

We have Fournier who's only good at playing Harris's postion, Oladipo who was a terrible shooter till Tobias left, and not a lot else. The players you talked about will still take more attention off of Harris, even if they haven't shot well the last month or so.

We have Fournier who's only good at playing Harris's postion, Oladipo who was a terrible shooter till Tobias left, and not a lot else. The players you talked about will still take more attention off of Harris, even if they haven't shot well the last month or so.

im more discussing the current players in the scope of the players that left vs actually the players that left.

off topic but i really feel Gordon is going to be a vastly improved shooter next year, even from the 3 where it has to be respected. his stroke actually looks good, i think he just needs to keep practicing and work on it this summer.

off topic but i really feel Gordon is going to be a vastly improved shooter next year, even from the 3 where it has to be respected. his stroke actually looks good, i think he just needs to keep practicing and work on it this summer.

he's gone 6/13 over the last 6 games. Previous 6 games he went 1/11. 6 games before that he went 6/15 (40%). 6 games before that he went 1/10. then the previous 10 games he went 8/23.

so yeah, he goes through weird stretches like we've seen with oladipo.

I still think going after two max players is a fool's errand, especially given who is available. The plan should be to sign one, trade for the other (not necessarily in that order), and try to maximize this year's pick

I still think going after two max players is a fool's errand, especially given who is available. The plan should be to sign one, trade for the other (not necessarily in that order), and try to maximize this year's pick

Probably. But we made a decision with Harris so we have to see it through

Why? Why not just admit it was a bad trade for us and move on

We traded a player who didn't fit here for cap space. It seems like a neutral move to me. It's not like we would be better right now if we kept him.