Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Don't get to watch the game tonight. Gotta wake up in 6 hours to drive my sister to the airport :(/>

Oh man you missed an epic Magic win

I can't believe that my utter disappointment in this team has me pining to bring Dwight back. I guess it's because if we were to play the 76ers in a playoff series right now, it would probably go 7 games.

I'd have no problem with it.

Truth is he's still better than what Vucevic gives us. You sign him, move Vuc for a PG, and suddenly you're not looking that bad. I also like the idea of Skiles coaching him.

I'd have no problem with it.

Truth is he's still better than what Vucevic gives us. You sign him, move Vuc for a PG, and suddenly you're not looking that bad. I also like the idea of Skiles coaching him.

I initially read that as "move Vuc to PG"

The Magic are a dumpster fire, from our general manager, to our coach, to our players, to our record. It's hard to believe but it's the truth. As a fan, when the product on the court is this bad for so many years, there's little in the way of celebration or hope.

Hennigan didn't do anything to warrant getting fired. He's done what he's had to. Every move has come down to luck and everytime he's tried to strike home, he was rejected.

Hennigan didn't do anything to warrant getting fired. He's done what he's had to. Every move has come down to luck and everytime he's tried to strike home, he was rejected.

At this point, I disagree. He's ultimately responsible for the product on the court. I'm sure he'll get this summer and at least part of next year to turn the team towards winning, but I can't say I'm confident he can build a winner. I want to believe (and see) that he can.

• Upvote 2

At this point, I disagree. He's ultimately responsible for the product on the court. I'm sure he'll get this summer and at least part of next year to turn the team towards winning, but I can't say I'm confident he can build a winner. I want to believe (and see) that he can.

Dumb franchises do this.

Maybe if he can't pitch free agents to come here I'd get it. But I'm not sure there's a gm out there that would do anything different than what Rob has done other than draft randle over Gordon which would be the wrong move.

• Upvote 1

I love Hennigan and trust him almost 100%

The Dwight trade was pretty good and gave us looks at players with a lot of potential like Vucevic that no one knew about.

Tobias Harris was also unknown before the Redick trade and he showed some flashes of great potential.

The Aaron Gordon pick was genius and has some analysts saying he might become the best player from that Wiggins-Parker draft.

He did the right thing by re-signing Tobias and also the right thing by trading him when he showed to be too passive and not worth the money.

Hennigan's skills when it comes to acquiring players is great. No one's a psychic and players might not live up to their potential, but he put us in a position to win. The team is flawed and I hope he also has the skills to see who didn't pan out and who needs to go.

I'm a well-known Tobias Harris fan but even I admitted that he didn't fit and needed to go. Vucevic and Payton (most likely) will never be contending caliber defensive and offensive players, respectively, and their skillsets fit a slow offense that is clearly outdated.

Gordon, Hezonja, Oladipo, Fournier and Dedmon have the tools to be part of a great team but we need to get a bench that doesn't ruin what the starting 5 does.

Dumb franchises do this.

Maybe if he can't pitch free agents to come here I'd get it. But I'm not sure there's a gm out there that would do anything different than what Rob has done other than draft randle over Gordon which would be the wrong move.

We really don't know what Rob could or could not have done over the last few years, as we're not privy to all of the inside information. What we do have is our record and the trajectory of our team, both of which are very poor right now. Can Rob draft? Sure. Can he build a winning team? I have no idea. Blowouts like last night, an imbalanced roster, and pretty obvious player-coach feuds don't foster confidence.

I'm very confident in Hennigan.

I'm not confident in the motivation and direction the players are take to develop themselves. Our coaching staff is responsible for development. I see the potential in the players. I don't believe they take development serious enough at the professional level.

These players are what the fans see and how the Magic build a reputation.

Oladipo and Gordon are starting to get it.

----------------------------

The only thing I should be mad about is the identity the Magic as an organization has. The organization as a whole is too fragile. The Magic's perception outside in is not impressive this past three seasons. Its been downright misery for Magic fans looking inside out in comparison to this team's rivals who are actually making progress. Meanwhile, our instate rival has almost eclipsed them with their influence having a choke hold on central Florida. Miami fans embarrassingly fill up the Amway Center.

Now the fans are moving off the Sport and to soccer........Orlando City. A team the community feels they can count on more than the Orlando Magic. Orlando City has a outstanding reputation right now and already has a new stadium in the works. Only took 6 freaking years for them to have more influence than the Magic...who's been here for 25 plus. Even worse, fans are moving to other teams around this league.

These are factors that are ignored but conspicuous.