Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Just watched Aaron's spot on the Ellen Degeneres show. Really seems like a nice, humble kid and did really well with her and the crowd. Nice to see one of our guys getting national attention again.

What's pick 6 realistically going to get us (because 5 isn't going to happen)? Bender is probably three years away from being an nba caliber player, not sure Dunn is a better bet than Payton considering he's only 24 days younger. I like poeltl but he's like robin Lopez. Positive player but not a difference maker.

I don't even know what Murray is. I figure the lack of Kentucky fans pushing a 20 ppg freshman point guard in these threads is a bit telling. Plus he plays more and shoots more than Oladipo right now. Not sure he'll be as effective with a lower usage.

I mean, it's pretty telling about talent in this draft that jaylen brown is projected to go number three. This is a 1, maybe 2 player draft and I'm not sure whoever we could get at 6 would be much better than 10.

Furthermore, I don't see much difference between the back half of the lotto guys and a few of the players projected to go from 19 to 35ish

Each of those players you mentioned will likely be much better or much worse than your judgments. I know that sentence means nothing but no player is ever the exact same player as what he is compared to. Mostly comes down to coaches developing (which I don't have much faith in our staff doing)

Of those, however, I really like Murray (and have since high school) and Poeltl, though for him mostly because of need. I don't much care for Bender, though I do like that his first name is Dragon

Also what do you mean it is "telling" Jaylen Brown is projected number 3? He was, in some places, the top ranked high school recruit last year, and has shown signs of dominance in spots this year. He is DeRozan 2.0

I can see the Derozan comparison in terms of how they played coming out of college but Derozans success in the NBA is predicated almost entirely on the fact that he draws a ridiculous number of fouls and that he finishes the most insane shots at the rim. I'm not sure you can project a college player to do either of those things at a high level in the nba based on college play, for example both Payton and Oladipo drew fouls at a high rate in college.

I don't think Brown is a better prospect than Stanley Johnson for example which is indicative of how weak this draft is.

Also what do you mean it is "telling" Jaylen Brown is projected number 3? He was, in some places, the top ranked high school recruit last year, and has shown signs of dominance in spots this year. He is DeRozan 2.0

Reminds me of Shabazz Muhammad

Mudiay has finally started putting some things together in the last week or so.

Yea I'd already take him over Payton. Speaking of putting together, Devin Booker. I know he's getting a TON of opportunity playing in an open offense on a terrible team, but the numbers he is putting up for only being 19 are pretty incredible. Guy will be a big time scorer for years to come.

Yea I'd already take him over Payton. Speaking of putting together, Devin Booker. I know he's getting a TON of opportunity playing in an open offense on a terrible team, but the numbers he is putting up for only being 19 are pretty incredible. Guy will be a big time scorer for years to come.

I need to see him doing something in non blowouts.

I wouldn't take mudiay over Payton yet. 5 games don't erase worst starting rookie point guard in nba history off his season.

We are paying to much attentions on Paytons negative and not looking at the positives. He is still very young, talented and with potential. He is still the same age as most of the draft players coming out of college. We need to give him another year. He is capable of producing close to tripple doubles at a given night if he mature his game. He has improve his shots significantly this year. He has regressed in defense but that goes with most of our players.

He needs to improve his TO's. I dont want him to score more than 14 to 15 a game. I want him to go for 8 to 10 assists per game. He can do that if we put better shooters and more athletic bigs next to him.

He has played well with Gordon. He needs to figure out Vuc.

Ohh. FT percentage is awful for a PG.

We are paying to much attentions on Paytons negative and not looking at the positives. He is still very young, talented and with potential. He is still the same age as most of the draft players coming out of college. We need to give him another year. He is capable of producing close to tripple doubles at a given night if he mature his game. He has improve his shots significantly this year. He has regressed in defense but that goes with most of our players.

He needs to improve his TO's. I dont want him to score more than 14 to 15 a game. I want him to go for 8 to 10 assists per game. He can do that if we put better shooters and more athletic bigs next to him.

He has played well with Gordon. He needs to figure out Vuc.

Ohh. FT percentage is awful for a PG.

There are two projected first round picks older than payton. that's not an excuse you can use.

I need to see him doing something in non blowouts.

I wouldn't take mudiay over Payton yet. 5 games don't erase worst starting rookie point guard in nba history off his season.

Non blowouts or not, putting up those numbers as a teenager is impressive. That shot is not fools gold.