Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Are you insinuating Jameer was a top point guard? His career PER of 15 screams average to me.

To be fair, he had a peak season of being top 5 before his injury. But nobody with any sense would suggest Jameer to ever have been an elite PG regardless of height. Ask John Stockton whether height factors into being a great 1.

This game screams Philadelphia equivalence all over it. This team can't afford to lose games against teams that aren't on their level. A close game is inexcusable. It should be a blowout.

Well, it was a blowout, but it was the wrong team doing the damage. This team has sunk to an unacceptable level of skill and desire.

He's not a SF though. He's a PF.

Therein lies the issue with him; he stands a better chance of being a game changer at SF, where he can be exposed to a larger part of the floor/guard smaller people and maximize his defensive potential. He also needs a bigger body behind him to provide primary post defense. He doesn't have the offensive skillset to play the four...he's an athletically gifted tweener.

I convinced myself I was okay with the Tobias trade.... But, as of this minute, Hennigan looks really really bad... We gave Tobias away for a rental of two guys that didn't actually make the team better for the half season they were here... I actually really like Ilyasova, but Jennings is terrible

Rob has to hope he can use that cap space for something because the gamble on Jennings is turning out as well as the gamble on Arenas as far as just the on court play is concerned.

Despite the recent losses we are still playing better now than we were with Tobias on the floor. It was a good move, Ilyasova has equaled his production, anything Jennings gives us is a bonus. Rob may be in trouble, but it would be from his entire vision, not from that trade itself. Let's see what the summer holds.

I convinced myself I was okay with the Tobias trade.... But, as of this minute, Hennigan looks really really bad... We gave Tobias away for a rental of two guys that didn't actually make the team better for the half season they were here... I actually really like Ilyasova, but Jennings is terrible

Rob doesn't look bad. Tobias was doing nothing here. We made that move to clear cap. You can't judge that trade until you see what we do with the cap space rob cleared. If we don't sign anyone or sign someone that doesn't make sense, than you can complain. We were playing equally as terrible with Tobias in the lineup.

• Upvote 1

Not saying Tobias made us better or would've helped us win games in any way this year. I just think we could've got more if we waited until the offseason to move him. We traded him for two vets that were supposed to help us make the playoffs and then be gone. I like Hennigan and I'm not about to start screaming for his job by any means, but it was a bad trade.

Therein lies the issue with him; he stands a better chance of being a game changer at SF, where he can be exposed to a larger part of the floor/guard smaller people and maximize his defensive potential. He also needs a bigger body behind him to provide primary post defense. He doesn't have the offensive skillset to play the four...he's an athletically gifted tweener.

Aaron Gordon has a fine skill set to play the four. What have you been watching?

• Upvote 1

Not saying Tobias made us better or would've helped us win games in any way this year. I just think we could've got more if we waited until the offseason to move him. We traded him for two vets that were supposed to help us make the playoffs and then be gone. I like Hennigan and I'm not about to start screaming for his job by any means, but it was a bad trade.

If we wait until the offseason is very likely we would have to have waited until after initial free agency to trade him.

It's funny to me that people think Skiles is the issue LOL. I'm not saying he's the best coach in the league, but head coach is not the problem with this team, the flawed roster is.