Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

So, @DAL, CHI, PHX, @GS, @LAL, @SAC, @POR for our next 7 games. We have a real opportunity to make up ground, but we have to go at least 5 - 2 if we're serious about the playoffs... Meaning we need to go 5 - 1 because we're not winning in Golden State. I really think we can do it, but we need to steal the game in Dallas to set the tone.

MUST WIN: PHX and LAL

SHOULD WIN: SAC, CHI (with Rose and Butler out)

CAN WIN: DAL, POR

LONG SHOT: GOLDEN STATE

Looking at this, I think GSW and POR are our two most likely losses. But LAL could be a trap game if we have a let down after playing GSW like we did against the Knicks. I agree that we need to win the Dallas game tomorrow to set the tone. I'm afraid that once our guys feel like they are too far back to make the playoffs, they won't have the mental fortitude to keep fighting.

So, @DAL, CHI, PHX, @GS, @LAL, @SAC, @POR for our next 7 games. We have a real opportunity to make up ground, but we have to go at least 5 - 2 if we're serious about the playoffs... Meaning we need to go 5 - 1 because we're not winning in Golden State. I really think we can do it, but we need to steal the game in Dallas to set the tone.

I mean, we'll be ok going 4-3 vs 5-2 but then we're going to finish going 11-6 vs 10-7.

There's a reasonable path to 11 wins in the remaining, but it really removes any chance of dropping anymore games.

MUST WIN: PHX and LAL

SHOULD WIN: SAC, CHI (with Rose and Butler out)

CAN WIN: DAL, POR

LONG SHOT: GOLDEN STATE

Looking at this, I think GSW and POR are our two most likely losses. But LAL could be a trap game if we have a let down after playing GSW like we did against the Knicks. I agree that we need to win the Dallas game tomorrow to set the tone. I'm afraid that once our guys feel like they are too far back to make the playoffs, they won't have the mental fortitude to keep fighting.

I agree, except I'd move Chicago to must-win. One of the teams we're behind with a chance to catch at home without their best player. Unfortunately, I think we drop one of the two games vs LA and Sacramento but we'll see.

I mean, we'll be ok going 4-3 vs 5-2 but then we're going to finish going 11-6 vs 10-7.

There's a reasonable path to 11 wins in the remaining, but it really removes any chance of dropping anymore games.

True, I just think we can go 5 - 2 in this stretch and with our unpredictable nature, it'd be nice to have some wiggle room down the stretch. I don't expect the playoffs, but I'm still optimistic.

Yeah, we need to give him more plays but its not like we need to make him our number one option

yet.

He's already such a well rounded player that contributes in so many ways that he doesn't really need anything ran specifically for him.

He's already such a well rounded player that contributes in so many ways that he doesn't really need anything ran specifically for him.

well sure, he doesn't need it to be productive.

But we need to take advantage of him more.

I'd start to run Oladipo/Gordon pick and rolls (ideally Fournier/Gordon pick and rolls when Fournier is at 2 or Jennings/Gordon if they're playing together) to see if you can get Gordon isolated on a guard. then just let Gordon work him. Doesn't have to be a huge part of the offense, but a couple times a game.

I'd also throw a wrinkle into our offense that has Vucevic do a dribble handoff to him on the high post to see if you can get him a bit of space at an angle that puts him going toward the basket.

Raptors reportedly set to waive Anthony Bennett. Worst # 1 pick of all-time? Maybe not, because in context that draft was terrible across the board. So glad Cleveland passed on Oladipo.

Raptors reportedly set to waive Anthony Bennett. Worst # 1 pick of all-time? Maybe not, because in context that draft was terrible across the board. So glad Cleveland passed on Oladipo.

red flag for him was starting his career shooting 5/37 from the field over his first 12 games.

so weird for them to pass on Oladipo as he was the exact player you want to put next to Kyrie.

I guess I get why they picked Bennett. He was 19, averaged 16 and 8 and could hit threes. But didn't he have a bunch of medical red flags?

red flag for him was starting his career shooting 5/37 from the field over his first 12 games.

so weird for them to pass on Oladipo as he was the exact player you want to put next to Kyrie.

I guess I get why they picked Bennett. He was 19, averaged 16 and 8 and could hit threes. But didn't he have a bunch of medical red flags?

The red flags started in college. He is/was fat and lazy. Had "asthma" schooled covered it up and it was just him being out of shape. Also had that bum shoulder I believe. He had all the skill in the world but no drive.

Speaking ok Kyrie, what would you use for him?

what would I trade for him?

I dunno. Not enough to get him. Cant trade oladipo because Fournier isn't good enough on defense to cover for him. Don't want to trade Gordon.

You'd have to get other teams involved with our draft picks.

The red flags started in college. He is/was fat and lazy. Had "asthma" schooled covered it up and it was just him being out of shape. Also had that bum shoulder I believe. He had all the skill in the world but no drive.

There was a rumor he'd order pizza every night too. Hardly the diet of a nba player.