Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

True. Besides, it appears as Skiles is not a fan of Mario at all. If you heard the post game conference, he said he "liked" his offense but was not good at the other end.(defense).

I think he was ok. Fournier is far better defensively but Mario is not that bad. I just dont see Mario playing many major minutes with Scott as our Head coach.

I don't agree. Skiles is going to play the player that gives the team the best chance to win. If that's Mario, Mario will play. I personally want the player that gives us the best chance to win to play the most. If that's Mario, great. If that's Dipo or Fournier, great. I think Mario is coming a long fine.

Safe to say he hasn't been the issue. If we could get everyone else to play as hard as he does every second, we'd be a playoff team.

I think the issue is we're not using him enough. Even last night his usage rate was really low at 16.7%

Mario was good on offense and bad on defense.

Its kinda funny watching him make the same mistakes as Gordon used to (except nobody casually watching the game would recognize Gordon's mistakes because his athleticism gives him more recoverability).

Also, it's that time of the year again for the second annual "holy crap maybe oladipo is going to be an all star" second half of the season.

last year post all star: 20.3/4.3/4.5 on 43/34/83 shooting

This year post all star: 19/6.2/3.8 on 40/31/78 shooting (19/5/4 on 44/34/83 for the full month of February)

Also, it's that time of the year again for the second annual "holy crap maybe oladipo is going to be an all star" second half of the season.

last year post all star: 20.3/4.3/4.5 on 43/34/83 shooting

This year post all star: 19/6.2/3.8 on 40/31/78 shooting (19/5/4 on 44/34/83 for the full month of February)

He gives you just enough to think he can be an all star. Gives you equal amount to think he's a bench player.

I hope he hits the weight room religiously in the off season, continue to refine his shot and skills and just blows up next season.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays here on out.

He gives you just enough to think he can be an all star. Gives you equal amount to think he's a bench player.

Disagree with this. Even at his worst Victor is the kind of guy that starts on most teams on his defense alone.

Last 5 games for Gordon:

15.8 and 9 with 1.2 spg and .8 bpg on 53/39/70 shooting.

With virtually nothing being run for him on offense. One of the reasons we were so bad in the 2nd half last night is Skiles kept him on the bench too long.

I think the issue is we're not using him enough. Even last night his usage rate was really low at 16.7%

Skiles can put him on the court more, but our starters really don't look for him.

It's time to make Gordon a #1 or #2 option on offense along with Vuc. He's our true both ends of the floor star of this team... Mario will be next. Replace Payton with Mario in the SL. Make Fournier be point forward. Dipo as lock down defender and 3rd option on offense.

Gordon needs more time and usage but we have 2 players who are clearly superior to him on the offensive end. He is not ready to be the focal point on offense.

Yeah, we need to give him more plays but its not like we need to make him our number one option

yet.

So, @DAL, CHI, PHX, @GS, @LAL, @SAC, @POR for our next 7 games. We have a real opportunity to make up ground, but we have to go at least 5 - 2 if we're serious about the playoffs... Meaning we need to go 5 - 1 because we're not winning in Golden State. I really think we can do it, but we need to steal the game in Dallas to set the tone.