Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Going forward who would you rather the Magic pay 15 million a year to? Harrison Barnes or Evan Fournier?

I hope I'm wrong but I really don't see much of a big splash in free agency this year. Orlando is going to have competition because there's several teams that are going to have some money like the Lakers, Nets, and Heat to name a few. If we can somehow come away with a combination of Horford/Barnes or Horford/Fournier I'd be pretty happy. Of course I'd love Durant but everyone is going to want to break the bank for him so he'll have tons of options. Maybe they'd be willing to deal Ibaka to open cap space in hopes of keeping Durant long term.

So with the changes to the team after the trade deadline, who should start and who should get the most back up minutes?

My choice: EP, Vic, Evan, Aaron, Vuc starts

In order of most minutes off bench: Mario, Jennings, Ersan, Jason, Dedmon the rest only at garbage time.

Im hoping that Mario really gets a lot of minutes the rest of the year. And Skiles will not yank him after every mistake.

So with the changes to the team after the trade deadline, who should start and who should get the most back up minutes?

My choice: EP, Vic, Evan, Aaron, Vuc starts

In order of most minutes off bench: Mario, Jennings, Ersan, Jason, Dedmon the rest only at garbage time.

Im hoping that Mario really gets a lot of minutes the rest of the year. And Skiles will not yank him after every mistake.

People are probably going to hate me for saying this but I'd go Jennings, Oladipo, Fournier, Gordon, and Vucevic. I really want to make the playoffs to 1. build confidence in our team and 2. to attract free agents to come to Orlando. I just think having a veteran floor general will help lead this team into the playoffs. Jennings is not a liability on the free throw line and would make less mistakes.

People are probably going to hate me for saying this but I'd go Jennings, Oladipo, Fournier, Gordon, and Vucevic. I really want to make the playoffs to 1. build confidence in our team and 2. to attract free agents to come to Orlando. I just think having a veteran floor general will help lead this team into the playoffs. Jennings is not a liability on the free throw line and would make less mistakes.

Thats a short term goal that may ruin our long term plan. Jennings will get plenty of time off the bench. You let Payton continue to learn how to lead this team.

It wouldn't shock me to see us go with that lineup down the stretch quite a bit. Two of the problems with playing Elf in the 4th is that defense gets more aggressive and he makes too many mistakes. Defenses will be able to afford less aggression with Jennings, and he won't make as many mistakes. But starting him... I can only see that if he comes out totally balling like an all-star. Not inconceivable, but I doubt it.

Jennings first needs to prove he can get back to anything near what he was pre-injury. Until then, he's not starter material.

But I do think he'll have a couple +20 point games off the bench.

You guys are all forgetting CJ Watson is back and in full practice and available to play as of tomorrow I believe.

Payton

Oladipo

Fournier

Gordon

Vucevic

Watson

Jennings

Hezonja

Ilyasova

Smith

That's how I'd roll.

Having Watson back is like we signed 3 Vets. I expect improvements all round.

This is probably me being a homer but whatever,

There's a decent chance we don't need to hit on a big free agent this summer because we already have a good team that just needs everything to click and a little tinkering with the roster.

I was watching UConn beat SMU yesterday and thought "there's no way this UConn team gets anywhere near a final four". They have some good pieces and play fantastic defense but I've seen enough basketball in my life to know which teams have a chance. This isn't one. I remember seeing something with the Kemba team and the Shabazz team. I remember December 2007 looking at the NFL playoffs for the giants and thinking the bucs don't really scare me, the cowboys don't really scare me, just need to probably get by green bay and we have a good shot. I remember watching us in January 2009 thinking "if we can bring our B+ game I think we can beat anyone".

This team I'm not seeing championship right now, that'd be dumb considering I'm not seeing championship with Cleveland or the clippers either.

But I do see something. There's something here. There's a leap these guys can take. You get a backup center that can play 25 minutes when a team is exploiting Vucevic and build a good complimentary bench (which we kind of did at the deadline) and I see a pretty good team.

Lets talk about potential players we can have in the next couple of days after either they are waived or potentially undergoing a buy out process.

We have a roster spot available after Frye's trade.

Two names I like:

David lee

JJ Hickson.

kevin Martin has been also mentioned but not concrete talks yet.

Lets talk about potential players we can have in the next couple of days after either they are waived or potentially undergoing a buy out process.

We have a roster spot available after Frye's trade.

Two names I like:

David lee

JJ Hickson.

kevin Martin has been also mentioned but not concrete talks yet.

Just roll with what we got. None of those guys will make a huge dent.