Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Marginal works for me

If Henny did what is "marginally" worse, he'd be the laughingstock of the NBA as the worse GM ever. At the end of the day, even with a bad January, our team is loaded with respectable assets. Payton is a gem at 12. Vuc is a gem over Bynum. I can go on.

Embiid hasn't played a single game in the NBA, Mudiay is having literally one of the worst seasons of all-time and McLemore is worse than any of our mediocre guards.

The combined win share differential is literally a few games. The point is that we wouldn't be much worse off than we are now-which is true. In fact, if the losing continues than those few games may have been the difference between a top 3 pick and a top 10 pick in the 2016 draft. It's all speculation-no one is saying that's who we should've picked instead.

We currently have the tenth worst record, with the way we are playing (big picture, not current record) we could conceivably be the 6th worst team in the L. We are almost to the point in the season where it would be best to keep the tank going.

We currently have the tenth worst record, with the way we are playing (big picture, not current record) we could conceivably be the 6th worst team in the L. We are almost to the point in the season where it would be best to keep the tank going.

Watch us mess around and get Simmons

Watch us mess around and get bad luck again.

I don't think we've had bad luck. We'd have to check the statistics but I think our luck has been about average based on the percentages. Remember, we did get the number 2 pick one of the "tank" years.

I don't think we've had bad luck. We'd have to check the statistics but I think our luck has been about average based on the percentages. Remember, we did get the number 2 pick one of the "tank" years.

When Wiggins came out and Cleveland came out of left field to get the first pick, I thought we were the ones with the most likely to get it?

When Wiggins came out and Cleveland came out of left field to get the first pick, I thought we were the ones with the most likely to get it?

Even the team "most likely" to get the #1 pick, which is the team with the worst record in the league, has only a 25% chance of getting the first pick. They have about a 46% chance of getting one of the first two picks.

In the Wiggins draft, the Magic had the 3rd worst record in the league. That gave them about a 47% chance of getting one of the first 3 picks. They wound up with pick #4, which I think was statistically the pick they had the best chance of getting. Note that they had a 53% chance of not getting one of the first three picks, so it's hard to argue that it was "bad luck" that they got pick #4.

If the argument is that the only way any decent GM could rebuild the Magic is to swing for the fences by making the team terrible and going all out for the draft, and any other approach would be worse, then I don't agree.