Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Nicholson adds more to the game than Frye. I wouldn't mind having him start over Frye.

Starting Frye over Nicholson has been for solely spreading the floor I think. Skiles is not necessarily putting his best players to start the games.

Nicholson has added a three point shot. There's really no excuse unless Frye is that much better a defender

A quick review of the standings indicate we have played 17 games against .500 or better teams, tied for last with the Clippers, and have won only 3. Only Philly and the Lakers have a worse record against .500 or better teams.

We have won 17 out of 23 games against teams under .500.

A quick review of the standings indicate we have played 17 games against .500 or better teams, tied for last with the Clippers, and have won only 3. Only Philly and the Lakers have a worse record against .500 or better teams.

We have won 17 out of 23 games against teams under .500.

Yeah. Basketball Reference has a simple rating system where they take your strength of schedule and point differential and give you a rating. We're at 16th overall which seems about right.

Skiles stuck on starting Frye based on analytics. Frye sucked last night and failed to make 2 open 3's in the first 5 minutes of the game. Forget the analytics.

Last night we saw this team play together:

Gordon

Harris

Vuc

Hezonja

Payton

When Dipo returns... This combination needs to be explored:

Offensive lineup:

Gordon

Hezonja

Vuc

Dipo

Payton

not saying they should start ... Yet ... But let's get the future of this team playing together.

Payton-Hezonja pair will be deadly.

Let's not forget the starting 5 against Philly started well, but it was when Shabazz came in with Gordon and Hezonja and all hell broke loose. I can't emphasize enough the importance of CJ Watson and how this team misses him.

In crunch time, however, Skiles may need to consider putting a more defensive minded lineup to close games, especially against ahem tough centers that softy Vuc can't handle.

Defensive lineup:

Gordon

Harris

Dedmon

Dipo

Payton

Until softy Vuc is ultimately replaced with a true center, we HAVE to use Dedmon to counter softy Vuc's inadequacies.

One good thing to notice though ... Payton-Hezonja has potential.

The future:

Gordon

scoring defensive wing

Scoring defensive big

Dipo

Payton

Hezonja starts? But where? Can he be that scoring defensive wing???

I don't care what the numbers show... Frye needs to take a seat and come off the bench to provide shooting while the starters rest. It's not like AG clogs the middle like a traditional 4 would. If Fournier, or Harris can't contribute without having Frye in the game then sit their asses as well. Besides EP and Dipo there is no one giving more effort on a nightly basis than AG. And he deserved to start.

I think this starting line up that could really turn things around for us and help move us in the right direction is...

EP, Dipo, Mario, AG, Vuc

I don't care what the numbers show... Frye needs to take a seat and come off the bench to provide shooting while the starters rest. It's not like AG clogs the middle like a traditional 4 would. If Fournier, or Harris can't contribute without having Frye in the game then sit their asses as well. Besides EP and Dipo there is no one giving more effort on a nightly basis than AG. And he deserved to start.

I think this starting line up that could really turn things around for us and help move us in the right direction is...

EP, Dipo, Mario, AG, Vuc

Worth a try at this point...