Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Well, at least there's no argument who is the 11th best player in the NBA as of today.

http://espn.go.com/n.../rpm/_/sort/RPM

He is also the 13th best defender this year.

http://espn.go.com/n...rpm/_/sort/DRPM

Wow... That's just... there are no words. Look at the other people on that list... Are we in the twilight zone here?

Well, at least there's no argument who is the 11th best player in the NBA as of today.

http://espn.go.com/n.../rpm/_/sort/RPM

He is also the 13th best defender this year.

http://espn.go.com/n...rpm/_/sort/DRPM

Just shows how good a fit Frye is when used correctly. Dude can shoot and space the floor with the best of them. Henny and Skiles look rather smart right now.

Speaking of fit, it seems to me Skiles is still trying to figure out how Dipo fits. 6th man? Dipo's offense is inconsistent. Backup PG? Dipo's vision and handle are inconsistent.

I personally like the mini-Iggy comp where Dipo settles into a glue guy role with passing and defense, but I'm not sure Dipo sees himself in that light. He's kind of our fish out of water right now. I really hope he turns a corner.

Speaking of fit, it seems to me Skiles is still trying to figure out how Dipo fits. 6th man? Dipo's offense is inconsistent. Backup PG? Dipo's vision and handle are inconsistent.

I personally like the mini-Iggy comp where Dipo settles into a glue guy role with passing and defense, but I'm not sure Dipo sees himself in that light. He's kind of our fish out of water right now. I really hope he turns a corner.

Dipo is a one man wrecking crew, high energy lift from the bench. He needs to be paired with a floor general who can get him good looks. He just needs to get open to score and defend like a mad man for quick spurts. Also rest him enough so he will be full energy to close games.

He is not a PG

He is not a starter (because his presence doesn't improve the play of Vuc, Harris, etc.)

The Iggy usage is comparable and hence another excellent example of an all star caliber guy playing 6th man for the sake of improving the team.

Dipo is a one man wrecking crew, high energy lift from the bench. He needs to be paired with a floor general who can get him good looks. He just needs to get open to score and defend like a mad man for quick spurts. Also rest him enough so he will be full energy to close games.

He is not a PG

He is not a starter (because his presence doesn't improve the play of Vuc, Harris, etc.)

The Iggy usage is comparable and hence another excellent example of an all star caliber guy playing 6th man for the sake of improving the team.

Agreed. We have to play him with a good PG so he doesn't get tired and doesn't try to do too much on offense. Watson has been out for so long but we should be better when he comes back.

I'm not sure if we'll be able to keep Fournier, Oladipo and Hezonja next season (we might have to choose 2). I think Oladipo should be the backup regardless. Payton has been better and he can't play with another non-shooter

Yeah, that's a weird argument to me; switch their team situations, and Garnett would be argued as the GOAT while Kobe would be seen as a version of Wade that held up better.

Hell, I'm thinking about it now and thinking about Kobe's long running tendency to be lazy as hell on defense(sidenote: that he has multiple 1st team all-defense awards is infuriating to me), I'm not sure I'd consider Kobe a top 4 player in any year of his career. Even the MVP he won was pretty clearly a lifetime achievement award, and that was 8 years ago. Looking at his seasons by win shares, and he gets beaten badly by the likes of John Stockton, who no one would argue deserved to be making all-star games in his 19th season, even though unlike Kobe, Stockton was still at least a positive influence on his team in his 19th season(9 win shares!).

I find it amusing that you find it infuriating that Kobe has multiple all-defense awards. You do realize that before 2013-14, the award was voted on by the NBA coaches, right? So you obviously feel that you are a better judge of the value of NBA players than the coaches in the NBA. As far as John Stockton is concerned, he was one of my favorite players that you probably would not have even mentioned if Karl Malone was not on the same team.