Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Yeah I was saying that in the chat last night. That is a big time statement from Skiles. To play a rookie in crunch time in his first game goes against everything Skiles has done in the past. It looks like Mario will be starting sooner than later I think.

yeah.

very atypical for a rookie especially considering the options we have available.

also, i think i'd rather have hezonja start vs gordon. it has nothing to do with Gordon and everything to do with hezonja and fournier being similar players. i dont think a rotation where fournier and hezonja come in at the 6 minute mark is as effective as gordon and either one of our euros.

The style of play changed dramatically when hezonja and gordon entered the game. maybe we just stick with this rotation for a while but let hezonja get starters minutes off of the bench.

Do you disagree?

With the idea that you can make sweeping judgments about someone's ability to draw fouls based on their free throw attempts in the first game of the season?

Yes.

Sidenote: I'm still confused why people think Hezonja would ever make Oladipo expendable. If anything, I'd say that if Hezonja ends up as good as some people on this board think he will be(and some on this board think he already is, inexplicably), then the person he'll make expendable is Harris, not Oladipo.

Plus, I think someone is going to have to start losing minutes to Gordon pretty soon.

I think Hezonja spreading the floor will only help Dipo and Elfrid by opening driving lanes. Last year our offense stagnated because we had no shooters.

Teams just packed the paint to crowd Vuch and keep our guards out of the lane.

With the idea that you can make sweeping judgments about someone's ability to draw fouls based on their free throw attempts in the first game of the season?

Yes.

Sidenote: I'm still confused why people think Hezonja would ever make Oladipo expendable. If anything, I'd say that if Hezonja ends up as good as some people on this board think he will be(and some on this board think he already is, inexplicably), then the person he'll make expendable is Harris, not Oladipo.

Plus, I think someone is going to have to start losing minutes to Gordon pretty soon.

People think this because Hezonja has a SG skill set and played that position overseas. His size gives him an advantage there. So if you had to make a trade and could get a great SF to put next to him, it just makes the team more formidable than playing him at SF where his size and speed advantage is a negated. He obviously can play SF and will log his minutes at that spot for us due to the roster, but if you put him at SG next to Elf it balances out the backcourt rather nicely and makes the team very long as well.

Also, Harris appears to be playing the 4 so I think Harris's biggest threat is Gordon or the Magic getting a PF in a trade if they decide to go bigger up front.

Regardless, Mario and Gordon do give the team a much needed spark. Unfortunately they are both so young that it will not translate to wins overnight.

• Upvote 2