Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I wonder if he's talking about Payton. We've all discussed issues Payton has with competitiveness in meaningless games. that's obvious. I mostly dismissed this as pointless but I wonder if that bleeds over to real games sometimes.

Growing up I was able to go to the Magic basketball camp when Darrell Armstrong was on the team. Occasionally he would jump into games or let kids play him one on one and he acted like every 8-14 year old was coming for his roster spot and threw their shot into the bleachers.

I don't really give much weight to personality because we see such a small part of a player's personality. We don't know how they practice. We don't know how they are in the locker room.

Next time someone gets to talk candidly with someone from the franchise they should ask about how Payton is in the locker room.

It has been reported that Payton is an extremely hard worker and likes to participate in practices. He wanted to play on those days he was out due to his ankle injury but the medical staff didn't cleared him. He doesnt like to take time off.

He worked with Chris Paul in the offseason, so we know he wants to improve his game. He has a very introvert personality but that doesn't mean he does not care. This is how he is.

I think Skiles needs to understand that this are still a very immature group of guys who are not used to winning. They learn to be comfortable with loosing.

This is why having some veterans in the team is so important. Skiles needs to step up and not only coach better but needs to make players accountable for their action and teach them a lesson or two. This is a good time as we are clearly not making the playoff. Benching some of those guys can help.

• Upvote 1

It has been reported that Payton is an extremely hard worker and likes to participate in practices. He wanted to play on those days he was out due to his ankle injury but the medical staff didn't cleared him. He doesnt like to take time off.

He worked with Chris Paul in the offseason, so we know he wants to improve his game. He has a very introvert personality but that doesn't mean he does not care. This is how he is.

I think Skiles needs to understand that this are still a very immature group of guys who are not used to winning. They learn to be comfortable with loosing.

This is why having some veterans in the team is so important. Skiles needs to step up and not only coach better but needs to make players accountable for their action and teach them a lesson or two. This is a good time as we are clearly not making the playoff. Benching some of those guys can help.

He has benched guys all year and the second he does it everyone on the board *****es and moans.

He has benched guys all year and the second he does it everyone on the board *****es and moans.

Payton hasn't been benched. He's been treated like the savior by this organization, really. Even when he was contributing virtually nothing earlier in the year, he was the guy. Why? If I had to guess, it's because he basically cost two first rounders. If he's not the starter of the future, then we spent two first round picks on a backup. So he's being given every opportunity to excel. I hope he works it out, I really do.

Payton hasn't been benched. He's been treated like the savior by this organization, really. Even when he was contributing virtually nothing earlier in the year, he was the guy. Why? If I had to guess, it's because he basically cost two first rounders. If he's not the starter of the future, then we spent two first round picks on a backup. So he's being given every opportunity to excel. I hope he works it out, I really do.

Nearly every single player has been pulled a couple mins into a qt and not returned for a long time or not at all including payton.

Edit: We are in agreement that it needs to happen the problem is it hasnt worked. Hence the reason why Skiles has resorted to subliminally calling players out in the media now.

Lets study our situation for a second. We currently have enough space to sign to max contracts in the offseason if we wait on Fournier's contract. Now, If we trade CJ and VUC in the offseason, Can we do a move like Miami did several years ago? Enough space to sign 3 stars?

Horford, Conley and Durant? We can sign Smith to a similar contract and trade Napier for a pick or cash. We can sign Dedmon and keep Marble or get some other vets for the minimum.

Go for a PF/C and a SG/SF with our picks.

Conley/Payton/

DIPO/Hezonja/Pick

Durant/VET/Marble

Gordon/Smith/pick

Horford/Dedmond/pick

Dreams, Dreams,Dreams

Lets study our situation for a second. We currently have enough space to sign to max contracts in the offseason if we wait on Fournier's contract. Now, If we trade CJ and VUC in the offseason, Can we do a move like Miami did several years ago? Enough space to sign 3 stars?

Horford, Conley and Durant? We can sign Smith to a similar contract and trade Napier for a pick or cash. We can sign Dedmon and keep Marble or get some other vets for the minimum.

Go for a PF/C and a SG/SF with our picks.

Conley/Payton/

DIPO/Hezonja/Pick

Durant/VET/Marble

Gordon/Smith/pick

Horford/Dedmond/pick

Dreams, Dreams,Dreams

Nope.

To get three players with the 30% max we'd have to trade everyone but Gordon and Mario or Gordon and Payton.

Nope.

To get three players with the 30% max we'd have to trade everyone but Gordon and Mario or Gordon and Payton.

I Was thinking of maybe signing conley and durant and have atlanta sign and trade horford for vuc, 2nd round and fournier(we sign him too after getting durant and conley).

I see us going pretty hard after Teague this summer.

He's not perfect but an obvious upgrade over Payton. I think a lot of teams will be gunning for Conley (my favorite) but I'd take Teague anyday

He's not perfect but an obvious upgrade over Payton. I think a lot of teams will be gunning for Conley (my favorite) but I'd take Teague anyday

I just don't think Teague is all that good. Or at least not such an improvement that it would make sense to abandon Payton.

He's not that good of a shooter historically. very similar to oladipo in terms of how many he makes in a season (on slightly better percentages).

doesn't really shoot well from the floor in general (last year was an outlier where he hit 40%+ from 10-16 and 16+ feet).