Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Ok, so let me understand this.

We just had our best and more impressive road win of the season. This after a devastating loss at home to the Cavaliers and All are we discussing is how to improve the team with trades?

1. AN is NOT and will never be anything remotely close to Tim Duncan. I am very pleasantly surprise with his work ethics and maturity this year. He can be a 12/7 consistant guy of the bench.

2. Porter is no better than a combination of Gordon and AN. Giving away picks for an unproven rookie will not make this team better at the moment.

It is not a good idea to give away Fournier like that when he has proven to be a very good and reliable player which can help immensely during playoff time. He reminds me a little of Hedo. Time will tell. He is still very young though.

3. This is the best team we have had in years. We are better than half of the NBA teams at the moment. We can make the playoff this year and with the current core of players. That has been our goal all year so Please, enjoy the ride. I am very happy so far.

The only player i see us trading coming playoff time.. and if, and only if, we do not make the playoff is channing frye and shabazz.

Today is the official start of trade season. we're just having fun.

It's important to look at this season, next season, and 3 seasons from now. Sometimes it makes sense to take a potentially small step backwards in order to strengthen a weakness long term.

Hezonja isn't ready to be early november Fournier, but right now he's as good as last 10 games Fournier so i think it makes more sense to get him more time instead of giving him scraps behind Fournier when it's extremely likely that Fournier isn't going to be here next year (unless he reverses course pretty quickly because it doesn't make sense to throw $40 million at a player when you can find 80% of his production in a 4 year/16 million player.)

Fournier is not very good and reliable. He is solid and inconsistent at best.

I forgot he was on the team and I'm not kidding.

Imagine if Tobias Harris was 6'11 and played angry all of the time.

He's not a traditional power forward and he's going to be a not great three point shooter but can probably hit 32% on a high volume or maybe a higher percentage on a low volume. He shot 47% from three in college but only attempted 30 in his last year. He hit like 42% in summer league. But i wouldn't count on that translating.

But he's the best bet to be Millsap-ish in a while.

Chicago is making a playoff run and needs to stock up on varied talent. Portis likely wont play at all this year unless injuries or trades get rid of Noah, Gibson, Gasol, or Mirotic. Even then, in the playoffs Gibson, gasol, and Mirotic are likely to command 85 out of the 96 available minutes in the playoffs

Fournier gives them a secondary scorer to Jimmy Butler with the ability to resign him long term if they need to. Frye does what Mirotic does but better and requires less minutes than Noah.

We give up a bit more than we'd like to but open up more time for gordon and Hezonja. We get a 20 year old Power Forward that fits what we like to do. Nicholson can start for a while.

I like your thinking there. I did some research on the guy. He's unused the way Tobias was unused when he played with the Bucks. He has great potential to be great.

Fournier is not very good and reliable. He is solid and inconsistent at best.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. Yes, he has not played well over the past few games and yes, he has been inconsistent with his shooting. But his defense has been surprisingly good. I agree with some here that he might not be available to resign with us next year but he can be a great influence on Hezonja this year. They both share similar playing abilities minus the defense.

Harris is not playing his best either and Oladipo Continues to be inconsistant as well. Yet, we are playing well as a team. We are winning and you dont want to disrupt current team chemistry.

I am not opposed on a trade for fournier. I am opposed in trading him for a rookie or just potential unproven players. We need proven players in return and i am sure management wants the same at the moment.

I do like what i am seeing from Hezonja. The potential is there but he need at least a few more years. Just like JJ redick when he was drafted. We need to be patient with him but i dont see him playing our expectation anytime soon. Hence we need someone like Fournier off the bench this year coming playoff time.

I forgot he was on the team and I'm not kidding.

He teased the hell out of us with his start. He was exactly what we have been longing for and as of now is nothing of the sort. I think he ends up being somewhere in between. If that's the case he is totally expendable.

Today is the official start of trade season. we're just having fun.

It's important to look at this season, next season, and 3 seasons from now. Sometimes it makes sense to take a potentially small step backwards in order to strengthen a weakness long term.

Hezonja isn't ready to be early november Fournier, but right now he's as good as last 10 games Fournier so i think it makes more sense to get him more time instead of giving him scraps behind Fournier when it's extremely likely that Fournier isn't going to be here next year (unless he reverses course pretty quickly because it doesn't make sense to throw $40 million at a player when you can find 80% of his production in a 4 year/16 million player.)

This team has averaged 23 wins a year for the last 3. I think it's more important to give them the opportunity to play meaningful games at the end of the year than to take a flyer on an unproven rookie. The post-trade offensive spacing would be horrendous.

What gets me is his 3 point shots are generally good shots. I just wish he would make more!

I'm glad he he is taking less but a question that probably can't be answered is what is he doing with those 3 point shots he is now passing up.

Hopefully the ones he is passing up on are ones that could be considered not good shots. If they are good shots I rather he continue to take them.

I would rather he not shoot them, The hitch in his stroke is never going to produce a high percent 3 point shot. I would rather him look to create off the dribble and actually try to get fouled and get more ft attempts. Seems like he tries way to hard to avoid contact at the rim and ends up throwing up some very ugly shots.

He teased the hell out of us with his start. He was exactly what we have been longing for and as of now is nothing of the sort. I think he ends up being somewhere in between. If that's the case he is totally expendable.

yup.

there's like 10 potential targets that could exceed or perform at a reasonably comparable level to fournier.

14 if you count restricted free agents.

I would rather he not shoot them, The hitch in his stroke is never going to produce a high percent 3 point shot. I would rather him look to create off the dribble and actually try to get fouled and get more ft attempts. Seems like he tries way to hard to avoid contact at the rim and ends up throwing up some very ugly shots.

That was pretty much my point. If he is passing up those opportunities and converting them to fouls fine. If he is passing them up and taking bad shots or forcing turnovers due to a clogged lane(he is most likely open in the first place due to his man sagging a bit) then I much rather he continue to shoot the 3.

There have been plenty of weird shooting strokes hitches ect that have at least moderately succeeded in the NBA. Maybe it's just his ugly shot. If he can become consistent I don't care how it looks mechanically. So if that's the case the more shots he puts up the better for his consistency.

This team has averaged 23 wins a year for the last 3. I think it's more important to give them the opportunity to play meaningful games at the end of the year than to take a flyer on an unproven rookie. The post-trade offensive spacing would be horrendous.

the post trade offensive spacing would be fine.

It'd be Payton-Hezonja-harris-Nicholson-Vucevic

watson-oladipo-gordon-portis-smith (or Noah).

And you could run Payton-watson-Hezonja lineups.

You'd still have two 40%+ shooters in the starting lineup, Watson is a career 38% shooter, and Gordon is quietly shooting 47% from three over the past 10 games.

And i'm not sure this trade wouldn't make us better. It'd provide us with a PF that is more physical than any PF on our roster.

I was hoping he would continue to play this way for a bit longer so that he would be a better trade asset. He's clearly not part of our future plans.

the post trade offensive spacing would be fine.

It'd be Payton-Hezonja-harris-Nicholson-Vucevic

watson-oladipo-gordon-portis-smith (or Noah).

And you could run Payton-watson-Hezonja lineups.

You'd still have two 40%+ shooters in the starting lineup, Watson is a career 38% shooter, and Gordon is quietly shooting 47% from three over the past 10 games.

And i'm not sure this trade wouldn't make us better. It'd provide us with a PF that is more physical than any PF on our roster.

I doubt Chicago would trade Noah.