Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

so i was just thinking about if i had the ability to change one thing about magic history, what would i do? Like if you could take a time machine back and say "dont do that! do this!"

Do a [better] coaching search in '93. It was frankly too long ago for me to recall what realistic options there were, but there has to have been someone who would have worked out better than Hill.

Don't sign Chris Duhon

That's like using the benefit of hindsight to buy a pair of pants instead of a shirt that gets something spilled on it the next day.

Do a [better] coaching search in '93. It was frankly too long ago for me to recall what realistic options there were, but there has to have been someone who would have worked out better than Hill.

Sure, a player who actually played would be better than hill. But what if no hill means no McGrady?

We suck in 2001 we draft pau gasol. We become a 45 win team.

Off topic -- there is currently a Pelton article evaluating whether or not the Boston Celtics are the best team in the East. I don't have Insider and never will because most of the articles are something ridiculous like that, but holy hell.

Space Jesus help us.

Off topic -- there is currently a Pelton article evaluating whether or not the Boston Celtics are the best team in the East. I don't have Insider and never will because most of the articles are something ridiculous like that, but holy hell.

Space Jesus help us.

They might have the best coach not named popovich.

so i was just thinking about if i had the ability to change one thing about magic history, what would i do? Like if you could take a time machine back and say "dont do that! do this!"

you dont want to mess anything up too badly so i wouldn't say something like "dont sign grant hill". Maybe McGrady signed here to play with hill. plus there were no other elite free agents changing teams in that offseason.

I think the one thing that would be easy to change and have the biggest impact on the franchise is the 2005 draft. Dont draft Fran Vasquez, Dont draft travis diener. Draft Danny Granger. Draft Monta Ellis.

Then you trade steve francis in the offseason while his value is high. who knows what you end up with that.

I dont know if that changes history too much though.

Any other move in history would screw up a rebuild or have us miss out on a pivotal player.

This can go all over the place. I specifically choose TMac era Magic. 2001 we draft Tony Parker. 2002 we draft Carlos Boozer. Highly likely since both TP and CB were second rounders.

I think that trio could have done something special. Hill would have returned the year we got Boozer, so we'd have a deadly starting 4.

Perhaps we would have gotten Darrell Armstrong a ring with that lineup, and he's a fav.

We would have likely been too good to get D12, so we remove headache of the decade in the process.

Space Jesus help us.

Scoring margin is often the most meaningful and predictive column in the standings, and it tells you more about what a team has done than its win-loss record. Early in the season, it's not uncommon for a team's W-L record to tell a very different story from its margin of victory.

Boston has the best scoring margin in the Eastern Conference, while Chicago's is just ninth best.

Meanwhile, the Celtics have had almost the opposite experience from Chicago. Boston has played just four games all season decided by six points or fewer, tied for the league's third-fewest total. Almost every close Celtics game has been decided before the closing minutes, leaving little room for the luck of the Irish. (Boston hasn't had much anyway, going 1-3 in close games.)

For the most part, those lopsided scores have favored the Celtics. Boston's nine wins by 15-plus points rank second in the NBA, trailing only the undefeated Golden State Warriors.

In case you're skeptical about the meaning of early blowout wins, eight teams have won precisely nine of their first 21 games by at least 15 points. (The high in that span is 11, by the 1996-97 Bulls.) Those teams have finished with a winning percentage equivalent to 58 wins, and five of the eight won the championship.

http://espn.go.com/n...-conference-nba

you dont want to mess anything up too badly so i wouldn't say something like "dont sign grant hill". Maybe McGrady signed here to play with hill. plus there were no other elite free agents changing teams in that offseason.

I think the one thing that would be easy to change and have the biggest impact on the franchise is the 2005 draft. Dont draft Fran Vasquez, Dont draft travis diener. Draft Danny Granger. Draft Monta Ellis.

Then you trade steve francis in the offseason while his value is high. who knows what you end up with that.

I dont know if that changes history too much though.

Any other move in history would screw up a rebuild or have us miss out on a pivotal player.

Resign Shaq.

This can go all over the place. I specifically choose TMac era Magic. 2001 we draft Tony Parker. 2002 we draft Carlos Boozer. Highly likely since both TP and CB were second rounders.

I think that trio could have done something special. Hill would have returned the year we got Boozer, so we'd have a deadly starting 4.

Perhaps we would have gotten Darrell Armstrong a ring with that lineup, and he's a fav.

We would have likely been too good to get D12, so we remove headache of the decade in the process.

That was my second choice.

I'm just not sure Parker-McGrady-hill-boozer-? Is a championship team in 2003-2004. Does that beat the pistons, a 61 win Indiana, and the Lakers?