Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

ok so research:

This lineup destroyed the raul neto-alec burks-hayward-lyles-favors utah lineup the whole game.

This lineup played wall-temple-porter-humphries-gortat pretty evenly in the first quarter.

This lineup was destroyed by that same lineup in the second half.

Hasn't our biggest problem so far been that we start the game and the 3rd quarter with no energy and can't stop the other team from scoring? How does benching Dipo and starting Channing fix any of those problems? It's obvious to me that we should have moved Tobias to the bench and started AG at the PF spot.

Also why did Skiles come out and say that this should give Dipo more driving opportunities. So he's allowed to create for himself if he's coming off the bench but the starters have to move the ball around 100 times before they can shoot it?

Maybe he will be bringing Dipo off the bench as the back up PG.

Hasn't our biggest problem so far been that we start the game and the 3rd quarter with no energy and can't stop the other team from scoring? How does benching Dipo and starting Channing fix any of those problems? It's obvious to me that we should have moved Tobias to the bench and started AG at the PF spot.

Also why did Skiles come out and say that this should give Dipo more driving opportunities. So he's allowed to create for himself if he's coming off the bench but the starters have to move the ball around 100 times before they can shoot it?

Maybe he will be bringing Dipo off the bench as the back up PG.

eh, I'm cool with oladipo playing point when he's got fournier and harris to a lesser extent to help handle the ball.

oladipo-hezonja-gordon is a turnover nightmare.

Though shabazz-oladipo backcourt is going to let him handle the ball more. lets shabazz spot up off ball.

Some people might see this as a sign that we think Dipo is a 6th Man. Personally I see it as a challenge to Oladipo to wake the hell up. If he reverts back to even averse shooting while playing defense and rebounding like he did pre concussion he's a borderline all star.

It's pretty obvious that Skiles has faith in his defensive scheme and wants to focus on the offense.

Frye is shooting 42% from 3 and has a positive pus minus rating. His true shooting % is 65 right now. Reaiity is that we need more shooting.

Sure, it will affect our defense, but this team has one decent two way player right now - Evan Fournier. That is it. And I bet Skiles sees Evan's Defense on SGs and knows it' not as good as Victors, but it's not that bad either.

He also knows Frye is a veteran and knows the rotations. So while Frye is not a great defender he just has to execute the scheme. It's never terrible to have 2 7 footers out there if you can spread the floor.

Will this be the starting lineup forever? Probably not. The Magic need another true scorer in their lineup, and preferably a two way player.

Some people might see this as a sign that we think Dipo is a 6th Man. Personally I see it as a challenge to Oladipo to wake the hell up. If he reverts back to even averse shooting while playing defense and rebounding like he did pre concussion he's a borderline all star.

Wake up from what? He's not shooting well. That's it.

While Dipo has been a problem so has Payton. Where's the challenge for Payton? I honestly don't get it.

It's pretty obvious that Skiles has faith in his defensive scheme and wants to focus on the offense.

Frye is shooting 42% from 3 and has a positive pus minus rating. His true shooting % is 65 right now. Reaiity is that we need more shooting.

Sure, it will affect our defense, but this team has one decent two way player right now - Evan Fournier. That is it. And I bet Skiles sees Evan's Defense on SGs and knows it' not as good as Victors, but it's not that bad either.

He also knows Frye is a veteran and knows the rotations. So while Frye is not a great defender he just has to execute the scheme. It's never terrible to have 2 7 footers out there if you can spread the floor.

Will this be the starting lineup forever? Probably not. The Magic need another true scorer in their lineup, and preferably a two way player.

Probably not? Come on bruh. This won't even be the lineup 5-10 games from now. He's stalling.

While Dipo has been a problem so has Payton. Where's the challenge for Payton? I honestly don't get it.

I don't either. He wants effort and to start first and third quarters strong so he takes one of our best defenders out and plugs in Frye.

this is a challenge for payton.

if he continues to suck with shooters around him then we know he's the problem, not spacing.

sticking Oladipo on the bench against a team starting afflalo is something we can manage. Oladipo will be fine off the bench. We wont miss his defense that much tonight.

Benching payton is basically dooming him. he's not the type of player that can show value on the bench.

this is a challenge for payton.

if he continues to suck with shooters around him then we know he's the problem, not spacing.

sticking Oladipo on the bench against a team starting afflalo is something we can manage. Oladipo will be fine off the bench. We wont miss his defense that much tonight.

Benching payton is basically dooming him. he's not the type of player that can show value on the bench.

Exactly. It's funny that people don't get this and need to ask why Payton still starts.

Probably not? Come on bruh. This won't even be the lineup 5-10 games from now. He's stalling.

Stalling? Not sure what that means. He is trying to win games.