Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I'm happy if after this year we have the reputation of being the best young team in the NBA and we become attractive to someone like Kevin Durant.

I dont even care if we're all that attractive to him. I'd just be thrilled if he gave us a visit. Legitimizes us to other potential free agents and gives Rob more practice at big time pitches.

Its pretty significant that Millsap almost signed here. Dude is putting up 18/9 right now. We might be in 4th or 5th place with that type of production.

I've always been a fan of Batum. He is a nice solid 3 and D guy when healthy.

The Millsapp thing still hurts IMO. If we had signed him, I think this team would be a playoff 6th seed and have a real decent shot at signing Durant. That said, its tough to see Durant not staying in OKC or going to WAS. You never know though.

If we had Millsapp, I think we would have kept Harris too. The team would have been loaded with depth, especially with a bench unit of Watson, Fournier, Mario, Gordon and Dedmon.

Would have solved a lot of inconsistency issues. But it didn't happen. The thing is, it surprised everyone. It showed that the Magic are ready to get serious in free agency. I believe Millsapp was Rob's warm up for next summer.

not accurate at all. it's using 13 games out of an 82 game season as the identity of a team so outliers still have a huge impact on the data. its just something interesting to talk about and every day its going to be slightly more accurate.

as far as charlotte goes, lets talk about them through the lens of the Magic.

The magic have the 24th best offense right now and the 11th best defense. These numbers seem to validate what we're seeing during games. We're winning scrappy games that go through ugly stretches as our offense is super inefficient but our defense keeps giving us extra possessions.

Comparably, Charlotte has the 7th best offense and the 17th best defense. So their offense is much more efficient and their defense is a bit lower than league average.

We're similarly talented teams. Batum is having a Fournier like season but shooting better than Fournier. Kemba is playing really well right now. They have 6 guys averaging double figures.

They beat chicago by 25 and lost to the spurs by 20.

So no, they're not that significantly better than us but there's like 6 teams all stuck together and someone has to be 7th so it's not that big of a deal at the moment.

Thanks for the breakdown. Took a look at their roster and didn't realize a lot of those guys played for them.

Thanks for the breakdown. Took a look at their roster and didn't realize a lot of those guys played for them.

Seen a couple of their games, it is their bench who are bringing them the wins. In particular Jeremy Lamb and Lin, both playing ridiculously well but I'm not sure it is sustainable.

After hearing for the last couple of years of how high Durant is on Oladipo I doubt he would want to come here and play if Dipo was gone.

After hearing for the last couple of years of how high Durant is on Oladipo I doubt he would want to come here and play if Dipo was gone.

Eh, I think that's just interview fodder. I wouldn't put any stock into it.

Eh, I think that's just interview fodder. I wouldn't put any stock into it.

Durant is one of Oladipo's biggest fans. He speaks extremely high of him and says he thinks this team will be a playoff team this year. I think he likes this team, just don't know if that translates to him wanting to come, and play here. Would love it if he did because that would essentially be handing the East to us.

How so?

He throws himself into defenders way too often. Refs last night just stopped calling fouls because he tried doing it on every play.

And I'm not talking about pump fake and guy jumps into you fouls. He legitimately just jumped into a stationary defender on the three point line multiple times.