Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Who Will Breakout This Year For The Magic?

I have a feeling Channing Frye will break out this season.

My brain sort of itched..from seeing these words formed into one sentence.

Going with Gordon and then Mario doing some things. Gordon just looked so dominant in the summer, as long as that confidence translates to real games, he could be a force.

Aaron Gordon needs to break out this year for the Magic to take the next step. If he doesn't, we will be looking at another top 5 lottery pick.

This is exactly what I expect from the Magic, top 5 lottery pick this year. If Mario is to become a superstar, it won't be in year 1.

The rest of the team is just role players, very good role players, but need that superstar (or 2) to make them contenders.

Aaron Gordon needs to break out this year for the Magic to take the next step. If he doesn't, we will be looking at another top 5 lottery pick.

This is exactly what I expect from the Magic, top 5 lottery pick this year. If Mario is to become a superstar, it won't be in year 1.

The rest of the team is just role players, very good role players, but need that superstar (or 2) to make them contenders.

There is actually a middle ground between contender and Top 5 lottery team.

So many to pick from...the team looks great except for one player...I thought they would get rid of...Channing Fry...all he did last year was stand around and then say I was doing my Job...yeh right....He sucked...and with our new process maybe that will turn around....Hey Channing either play basketball or leave!!

I hope Elfrid Payton and Gordon!! This should be a winning year for the Magic....GO BLUE!!

I'm rooting from Mario to have a strong rookie showing. When it comes to breaking out, Its critical that its Aaron Gordon and Oladipo to show their increased importance on this team. This would be the imprint that the fan and Orlando community would need to ensure they can trust management to draft the right guys in order for this team to be an organization of continuous success. We do not want to be a perennial that late 2000's bobcat team who constantly took misses in the draft or perennial losing teams like the Kings and Minny.

Its crucial when I consider these facts that these two simply must exceed the ceilings they set last season. We need our fans back.

I feel that if Elfrid or Vucevic breakout, their success will be ignored by the entire nba community as a whole. They aren't bubbly happy talkative guys that the nba can build a market for. Silent competitors is what I would describe them as but true basketball fans will always respect their quality.

I remember how away games during Jameers All-star season made the opponent's fans nervous. It was evident that everyone was aware that Jameer was making a buzz around the country. Why? When Jameer was open.....you would literally hear the entire crowd groan in dismay because they knew Jameer would hit his shots. Jameer was putting on a offensive clinic that season and I believe he was shooting over 50 percent before the injury. ---checks---

Yes...he was. Jameeer.png

I'll use the basis of Jameer's breakout season as an direct or indirect guide as to what strides the individuals of this team should make. They're much more capable than Jameer so I expect much more out of them.

Now...who's to say Shabazz Napier doesn't make a critical adjustment in his game? What about Evan Fournier...the 23 year old we forget about? What about Dewayne Dedmon's offensive defensive game?

We have reason to doubt....but we also have reason to hope. Lets hope.

I would hope Harris is the breakout "star" considering he's being paid to the our "guy". But I have high hopes for Payton breaking out this year and becoming a household name. AG is still at least a year away before he breaks out IMO.