Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Kevin Pelton thread

There are definitely question marks with Tobias at the 4, but let's see how it goes.

The article seems vague about it. It mentions small ball and the context reads as a situational base thing but then goes on and talks about how Tobias is working on his body to prepare for the 4 spot.

It's early. I believe training camp and matchups will dictate it.

Not a fan of Pelton. Can't believe he still has a job given how poor his draft projections have been. Flat terrible.

My two favorite players to watch on the Magic are Payton and Gordon. I think the sky is the limit for these two cats… as well as some of our other guys. I see a young Gary Payton or better Rondo watching Payton.

And our best acquisition this summer was Skiles, though I'm excited to watch Crazy Mario. We needed a clear plan and personality, and we're gonna have one.

Mario will be insanely fun to watch too.

I think the Magic could be priming their guys to run small more often. It makes sense. They didn't sign a rim protecting big. Skiles wants to run a fast break offense. Tobias will beat most of his defenders down the floor in this situation. It will be very tough to defend. If a scheme is implemented that works well, the team could play very energetic and suffocating defense.

Mario will be insanely fun to watch too.

I think the Magic could be priming their guys to run small more often. It makes sense. They didn't sign a rim protecting big. Skiles wants to run a fast break offense. Tobias will beat most of his defenders down the floor in this situation. It will be very tough to defend. If a scheme is implemented that works well, the team could play very energetic and suffocating defense.

I never saw Tobias as anything other than a modern 4, so i honestly am confused by the doubt in him.