Sign in to follow this  
SiMON2g

What is your opinion on Aaron Gordon?

Ok I'll accept that answer. I'm cautiously watching. I don't know what AG will turn into, but check out the summer league video. There's clearly some high BB IQ in that kid and his 3 ball is looking improved based on a couple practice videos. Will the game at 1 pm be on tv today? Anyone know?

Yes, NBATV

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR FIRST TIME SUMMER LEAGUE WATCHERS

Games never start on time. They often start 20-45 minutes late. If you dvr the game you should record an hour to 90 minutes past the end time or you will most likely miss the fourth quarter

• Upvote 1

Games never start on time. They often start 20-45 minutes late. If you dvr the game you should record an hour to 90 minutes past the end time or you will most likely miss the fourth quarter

Thanks for the heads up.

Aaron looked awesome in today's summer league game. Still has a long way to go, but I'm starting to think he can be a small ball 4. His handle looked very tight and his shooting stroke is smooth. Still needs to work on consistency with the shot and I don't think he's necessarily going to be a clutch player, but I think Mario and Tobias can fill that role for us. Nearly a 20-20 game, a couple of good blocks, and only 2 turnovers.

Aaron looked awesome in today's summer league game. Still has a long way to go, but I'm starting to think he can be a small ball 4. His handle looked very tight and his shooting stroke is smooth. Still needs to work on consistency with the shot and I don't think he's necessarily going to be a clutch player, but I think Mario and Tobias can fill that role for us. Nearly a 20-20 game, a couple of good blocks, and only 2 turnovers.

I see it the same way. He is starting to look like our Draymond Green essentially.

I see it the same way. He is starting to look like our Draymond Green essentially.

Yeah that comp flashed across my mind while posting, but I think that they're really different players mentally. Draymond is much more of an enforcer-type guy and I also think he's maybe a better passer than Aaron. I still think Aaron can become a playmaking 4 in his own way, though. He brings an athleticism that Draymond doesn't have. He's still so young too.

Yeah that comp flashed across my mind while posting, but I think that they're really different players mentally. Draymond is much more of an enforcer-type guy and I also think he's maybe a better passer than Aaron. I still think Aaron can become a playmaking 4 in his own way, though. He brings an athleticism that Draymond doesn't have. He's still so young too.

Yeah definitely the same role, but a little different. Nobody is like draymond, he is a character.

Amazingly the games have started on time so far today.

Yes he's athletic ...Yes he's young...Yes he's a good defender that can guard multiple positions...Yes he has a very high ceiling.

Yes his offensive game and consistency will still be questioned as will picking him at number 4 in last years draft in spite of how good he looked yesterday in summer league.

Even I got excited and posted as much after watching him in the 1st quarter yesterday.

He started like 5 for 6 from the field, two of the shots from 3...then the rest of the game he was like 2 for 12...His 3 ball attempt from the left corner particularly stood out because it was like 5 feet over the rim...he really looked shaky at the ft line going 4 for 10...he had chances to seal the win but couldn't.

Yes he's still young and will get better...Jury still out though, imo.

Yes he's athletic ...Yes he's young...Yes he's a good defender that can guard multiple positions...Yes he has a very high ceiling.

Yes his offensive game and consistency will still be questioned as will picking him at number 4 in last years draft in spite of how good he looked yesterday in summer league.

Even I got excited and posted as much after watching him in the 1st quarter yesterday.

He started like 5 for 6 from the field, two of the shots from 3...then the rest of the game he was like 2 for 12...His 3 ball attempt from the left corner particularly stood out because it was like 5 feet over the rim...he really looked shaky at the ft line going 4 for 10...he had chances to seal the win but couldn't.

Its just confidence and repetition. You can expect a guy to stroke it over and over with confidence throughout an entire game just yet. He just rebuilt his shot this summer.

He shot 50% for the game.

He will be streaky this year but he has some go to moves that yield high % shots and that is key for building confidence.

To be fair, he got counted as going 1/4 with four offensive rebounds on that one missed free throw game.