Sign in to follow this  
SiMON2g

What is your opinion on Aaron Gordon?

His potential projections, what you like about him, opinions, deficiencies, where you think he can or will improve?

I just want to get a sense of what everyone thinks of him as a player because he was injured alot of last season; it was difficult to talk alot about him.

My opinion is that he could develop into one of the most unique players in the league on both sides of the ball.

There's no doubt he has the tools to be a defensive stud and is already adept there, measuring 6'9'' coupled with his athleticism he can switch onto pretty much any opponent 1-4. This ability to switch is going to be one very important scheme of our defense I think going into the future. He isn't a stand under the rim type protector, but his ability to go straight up with the men after just one season in the nba (well, half a season is extremely impressive) and alters alot of shots.

Offensively his game is still developing and deficient in many areas. Although with this team theres not going to be a need for him to score in every way, we will have ways to score. But he has already shown with his athleticism he can move without the ball and quickly attack the rim and finish in a variety of ways, dunks (mainly), left/right handed layups, in between off the dribble pall ups, the odd post mismatch. If his shot continues to develop to where its repsectable ~35% then that is the point where he becomes extremely dangerous. Defences will have to decide to either live with him shooting at 35% which is acceptable, or close out on him, and he has the long strides, first step explosion and vertical to get to the rim in just one dribble if needed. These are the ways in which he will be able to put the ball in the hole with efficiency. He plays within himself which is a good thing, and represents why he's FG% is almost 45% factor in an improvement in outside shot, and that easily could raise up above 50%.

His passing is another one of his assests on offense. He can past out of the high post, when getting to the rim find open players and spotting the simple pass.

If this team can in the future utilize him/vuc in the high post and out of some horns sets, it would be an offense that generates alot of movement and quality looks.

Lastly, I can't count how many on the spot PnR plays I saw him run with Vucevic. Although it probably wasn't a planned set, it became apparent that he had the ability to make simple passes out of the PnR and hit Vuc when he was popping and rolling. Not to mention, running a PnR between your PF/C would be a major mismatch for opposing teams to defend. Especially with bigs that don't have the mobilty that Aaron has.

Just my 2c, I'm extremely excited to see this kid progress. Probably more so than Oladipo or Payton at this point.

To me, he's that player that can give you that extra edge to push a team over the edge once everything is set. Not necessarily the #1, #2 or #3 option on a team but a dude like Draymond Green who gives your team a myriad of different dimensions.

Please express your opinions guys! I thought to myself to make this a short and summarized post but that proved difficult as excitement took over for Aaron.

If he can contribute to around 10 ppg we have a stud on our hands. His defense will only get better and it's already oh so good. His athleticism speaks for itself

He can be our all around utility player and defender like draymond green. He can already hit FTs. If he gets a 3 point shot it's over.

I think he was set back a little bit by his injury but I'm hoping that was a one and done thing.

I think he has all the tools to eventually become our starting 4. If he keeps developing his shot, the sky is the limit

Well said, I totally agree.

Has the size, great athlete, above average defender, could possibly be a good to great shot blocker, can put the ball on the floor, and can also pass the ball pretty well. Overall he has good tools and it's pretty impressive for a 19 yr old IMO

With all those recent noise of the draft and FA it's taken my attention away from our own current players a little bit. Had a thought about a few of our players today especially Aaron, and all this came to mind. I got very excited, and I truly do think he will be one of the cornerstones to our franchise going forward.

If he can contribute to around 10 ppg we have a stud on our hands. His defense will only get better and it's already oh so good. His athleticism speaks for itself

He can be our all around utility player and defender like draymond green. He can already hit FTs. If he gets a 3 point shot it's over.

I think he was set back a little bit by his injury but I'm hoping that was a one and done thing.

Just to touch on that, I genuinely believe this guy is already interchangeable with Draymond Green at this point in his career if they were given the same circumstances.

I will accept I'm a massive homer though.

I would give my honest opinion of Aaron Gordon, but this forum would roast me for it.

Least your being honest... let it out

I think he's the love child of Tyrus Thomas and Josh Smith.

That's basically who he was last year. Injuries and age were a big issue.

He's only 2 months older than towns, three months older than Okafor, a month younger than Porzingis.

He's within 3 months older or younger than 50 of the 60 players drafted last week.

So really consider last season a red shirt year. That's why it's so difficult to judge what he'll become. Age.