Sign in to follow this  
HeHateMe

Expectations/Predictions for the 2015-2016 Season

Not really. 3 games is like 3.7% of the season. The more games you add, the greater distance you get between a good season and a bad season.

3 games just seems like a really thin margin of error. I mean if we won 28 games last year would the season be that different?

To me if we don't win 10 more games, it would be a letdown. Again, I would base that mostly off how close we were in dozens of games late last year. Another year of development, a new coach, I think that's a very attainable number. If we won 28 games next year, I would begin to think there could be issues with the makeup of the roster. But I don't think that will be the case.

I spent some time at work yesterday looking at the eastern conf and taking into account some of the moves made. I think if we made the playoffs that would be a huge statement, but also a bit of a long shot.

You got 6 teams locked in:

Bulls

Cavs

Wizards

Raptors

Bucks

Hawks

Those teams seem locked. Than you have the following 7 teams competing for 2 spots:

Pacers

Heat

Celtics

Nets

Bobcats

Pistons

Magic

I would have to go Pacers and Heat out of that group. You could make a case for any 2, but I think if Pacers and Heat are healthy they will get in. Now if one of those 2 teams has injuries to their star players, we could slip in there because I think the Celtics/Magic/Nets are pretty close at that point.

Basically I'm saying I will be happy just competing for a playoff spot but in the end don't think we will get one.

I think we could be at the level Milwaukee or Boston were last season. Not having a clown for a head coach is a big difference. Second, I have the highest expectations for Oladipo as his extension will come up after next season. I feel he didn't put nearly the effort on defense last year that he did in his rookie season and offensively he put up good counting stats but his efficiency numbers were average to poor. Brandon Knight's jump from year 3 to year 4 is something I want to see from Oladipo.

Playoffs this year or it'll be a huge let down.

I want to agree with that, but break-down the East like I did earlier.

If you're unbiased about it, you can tell that the Magic have quite the uphill battle. Not saying they can't do it, but if that is your only barometer of a successful season you could be in for a letdown. Hoping we do something in the coming days to improve our chances.

I still think we can get a +10 in the win column this year versus last, but I think the East might be slightly better too.

If you're unbiased about it, you can tell that the Magic have quite the uphill battle. Not saying they can't do it, but if that is your only barometer of a successful season you could be in for a letdown.

True

Well we know Harris will be part of the team....50 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait no that's right he was on the team last year when we won 25 games LOL

Well we know Harris will be part of the team....50 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait no that's right he was on the team last year when we won 25 games LOL

He was also mainly used at SF. He may be better at the 4 and in a different defensive scheme. I guess my point is that roster continuation can help teams win more games in the NBA if the coaching is good.

This could be a very uptempo offense with better perimeter D this year. We don't know yet. I wouldn't get negative quite yet.

If we play Mario at the 3 and Harris at the 4 that's 2 other great shooters on the floor with Vuc and one heck of a defense behind them in the back court. I expect it won't be long until teams are forced to try and double Mario so our guard will have clear sailing and Vuc is going to have a field day down low. I juust have this feeling Mario is going to rock in the NBA right off the bat. I'm upping my guess to 40 wins

He was also mainly used at SF. He may be better at the 4 and in a different defensive scheme. I guess my point is that roster continuation can help teams win more games in the NBA if the coaching is good.

This could be a very uptempo offense with better perimeter D this year. We don't know yet. I wouldn't get negative quite yet.

I was really just messing with that comment. I will hold off judgement until around December on the Harris deal. See what Skiles does with him. See if this Uptempo thing is all talk or actually takes place.