LaVar

Mario Hezonja ?

Who should we get with the 5th pick? (2015)   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we get with the 5th Pick? (2015)

• Mario Hezonja
    • Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Justise Winslow
    • Porzingis
    • Myles Turner
    • Stanley Johnson

I've been seeing a lot of people question Winslow's 3pt shooting percentage but I don't it's warranted. He shot the 3 a good amount of times in college, and about 40% more than Oladipo did his last year at IU with 110 attempts to Oladipo's 68.

There are other signs that show shooting transition, like ft shooting and shooting of the dribble.

100 shots is still a small sample.

There are other signs that show shooting transition, like ft shooting and shooting of the dribble.

100 shots is still a small sample.

Small sample sure, but why is there this notion that Winslow can't improve his shot, but AG can, Oladipo can, Payton can, WCS can?

It may be a small sample size, but 41% off 100 shots is still good and shows promise. Also he got better as the year went on. Idk how anyone on this forum, unless your the most blind biased fan of any NBA franchise, can sit here and say Payton can improve his shot but Winslow can't? It's insane.

Is he ever going to have a stroke like Mario or Booker? No. But I think he can become enough of a threat from deep to make him a successful SF in the league.

Small sample sure, but why is there this notion that Winslow can't improve his shot, but AG can, Oladipo can, Payton can, WCS can?

It may be a small sample size, but 41% off 100 shots is still good and shows promise. Also he got better as the year went on. Idk how anyone on this forum, unless your the most blind biased fan of any NBA franchise, can sit here and say Payton can improve his shot but Winslow can't? It's insane.

Is he ever going to have a stroke like Mario or Booker? No. But I think he can become enough of a threat from deep to make him a successful SF in the league.

Agree, but the problem is that all of our wings would be in that mold. That usually equates to some pretty poor shooting nights and a lot of inconsistency. I'd like someone who is more reliable from deep at SF.

Now there is a chance he could be that guy. But when you factor in his size, it makes it even harder to get off over those 6'8 SFs with length.

Booker reminds me of McDermot very little athleticism.

As for Johnson not finishing at rim, seems that he is looking for contact before attempting his shot. Which isn't a bad thing.

Agree, but the problem is that all of our wings would be in that mold. That usually equates to some pretty poor shooting nights and a lot of inconsistency. I'd like someone who is more reliable from deep at SF.

Now there is a chance he could be that guy. But when you factor in his size, it makes it even harder to get off over those 6'8 SFs with length.

He rises high up to shoot that 3 which makes it a lot easier to get that shot off over a bigger guy. I don't see a problem there.

how many project shooters do we need

Is that true? I always thought Oladipo was praised for getting to the rack.

Getting to the rim and finishing are two different things though.

Getting to the rim and finishing are two different things though.

His 2pt % was 64% his last year at IU. And he's not exactly known for having a great midrange game or taking too many long jumpers so I would assume a lot of that was at the rim. But I can't find the same stats for Victor as I can for Johnson, Winslow, etc. in terms of shooting % at the rim so I'm not sure.