LaVar

Mario Hezonja ?

Who should we get with the 5th pick? (2015)   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we get with the 5th Pick? (2015)

• Mario Hezonja
    • Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Justise Winslow
    • Porzingis
    • Myles Turner
    • Stanley Johnson

let's face it

mario is not the profile this front office likes

mario is too flamboyant for them despite his talent

even though i believe every great team needs some guys like that

Hiring Skiles does not help Hezonja as much as a guy like Brooks would.

Hiring Skiles does not help Hezonja as much as a guy like Brooks would.

+

scott skiles had brandon jennings and ben gordon... gunners

+

scott skiles had brandon jennings and ben gordon... gunners

Nothing to do with being a gunner. Hezonja's biggest issue is his attitude or at least the perception of his attitude. Sticking that with a hard ass coach vs a nurturing coach increases that risk. It's more of a gamble than it was pre Skiles. Of course that's the same thing you'd get with thibs.

That's not something you have to worry about with Winslow

Nothing to do with being a gunner. Hezonja's biggest issue is his attitude or at least the perception of his attitude. Sticking that with a hard ass coach vs a nurturing coach increases that risk. It's more of a gamble than it was pre Skiles. Of course that's the same thing you'd get with thibs.

That's not something you have to worry about with Winslow

It funny to me. I dont see the same upside in winslow. Maybe it is the 6'4 thing or 6'6 with shoe. I do like his defense. I think I like his euro step the most. I am not sold on his shooting. His shooting reminds me of vics coming out. 40%+ in college, because of small sample size.

It funny to me. I dont see the same upside in winslow. Maybe it is the 6'4 thing or 6'6 with shoe. I do like his defense. I think I like his euro step the most. I am not sold on his shooting. His shooting reminds me of vics coming out. 40%+ in college, because of small sample size.

Very different shooting issues from Vic's. And I think Vic is getting better, to the point that within the next two seasons I expect him to be respectable. Winslow's problems are all about consistency with his release, as much as I can see. That's why he's so bad shooting off the dribble, and why I think it is a problem that can be fixed. Consistency will come with continued hard work and time and drills with a shooting coach. Winslow could be huge if he fixes his shot. He has literally everything else. It's why I liked the Vic pick, and it's why I would like the Winslow pick.

Well the whole thing with Winslow is very Oladipo-like. He's not the most gifted player in the draft but he's got the best chance to be good. He's got enough physical tools to pair with his iq and work ethic that he's probably the safest player in the draft.

I'd be shocked if Winslow was a bust where you wouldn't say the same thing about towns or Mudiay or wcs or Hezonja.

That's where his value comes from.

I just wonder if Stanley Johnson will be a better pro than Winslow.

Very possible. Johnson is already a better range shooter and just as good if not better defender. Could be the best three-and-D guy in the league in a few years.

Very possible. Johnson is already a better range shooter and just as good if not better defender. Could be the best three-and-D guy in the league in a few years.

Just my opinion but I think Winslow is clearly the better defender.

I've been seeing a lot of people question Winslow's 3pt shooting percentage but I don't it's warranted. He shot the 3 a good amount of times in college, and about 40% more than Oladipo did his last year at IU with 110 attempts to Oladipo's 68.