1. 1. Should we match for Harris?

• Nope, definitely not.
    • Yes, if it's for 8 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 10 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 12 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 14 million or less
    • Yes, match even if he gets offered the max

Magic are not letting him walk, not with the mandate for improvement next year

you have to preserve the asset we can always trade him down the road when the new cap kicks in and his contract will seem solid

Nailed it ^

you have to preserve the asset we can always trade him down the road when the new cap kicks in and his contract will seem solid

We would be foolish to let him walk unless we have some deal in the works where we'll need the cap space for next season(even then it's questionable depending on what we would get. Harris is an amazing asset at this point; even if he's not in our future plans it would be smart to lock him down and deal him later). It should be really easy to trade him after this season(barring any serious injuries).

You're not letting him walk if you use that money to sign a different player. Let's hypothetically say you let Harris walk, but than go sign Favors. I look at that like essentially a Favors for Harris trade. Now if we don't match and don't sign any legit free agents, than I'm 100% behind what you're saying.

You're not letting him walk if you use that money to sign a different player. Let's hypothetically say you let Harris walk, but than go sign Favors. I look at that like essentially a Favors for Harris trade. Now if we don't match and don't sign any legit free agents, than I'm 100% behind what you're saying.

Favors isn't a FA, but solid post otherwise.

Favors isn't a FA, but solid post otherwise.

Hypothetical

hy·po·thet·i·cal

A hypothetical circumstance, condition, scenario, or situation.

Ex: "OK, let's consider this possibility then—just as a hypothetical."

From Greek hupothetikos, from hupothetos, placed under, supposed, from hupotithenai, to suppose; see hypothesis.

Go back to 3rd grade. But solid post otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Hypothetical

hy·po·thet·i·cal

A hypothetical circumstance, condition, scenario, or situation.

Ex: "OK, let's consider this possibility then—just as a hypothetical."

From Greek hupothetikos, from hupothetos, placed under, supposed, from hupotithenai, to suppose; see hypothesis.

Go back to 3rd grade. But solid post otherwise.

It's stupid to use a hypothetical when there's actual FA's on the market, not to mention you mentioned Favors in another thread as a possible signing. You mine as we'll say, let's not sign Harris so we can go after Kevin Durant.

It's stupid to use a hypothetical when there's actual FA's on the market, not to mention you mentioned Favors in another thread as a possible signing. You mine as we'll say, let's not sign Harris so we can go after Kevin Durant.

And in that same thread I mentioned that I was just piggy backing off what Payton posted like 3 posts earlier.

BUT

At least I can go to sleep tonight knowing I helped expand your vocabulary, even if it was just by one word. God job buddy!

• Upvote 1

JfX8Rig.jpg

And in that same thread I mentioned that I was just piggy backing off what Payton posted like 3 posts earlier.

BUT

At least I can go to sleep tonight knowing I helped expand your vocabulary, even if it was just by one word. God job buddy!

Great grammar work. That will make him loony :cheers:

I think we did good on the re-signing at less than max. I think Harris gave us the "tax break" from the full pop and doesn't have to move for at least 4 years! Hope he continues to grow with the team! IBL