43 members have voted

1. 1. Should we match for Harris?

• Nope, definitely not.
    • Yes, if it's for 8 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 10 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 12 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 14 million or less
    • Yes, match even if he gets offered the max

We can S&T the guy right after we sign him. I answered the question - I expect him to be looking at 4 years for 54mm so if I was going to keep him here, thats what I'd be expecting to pay. Not sure how much more clear that needed to be,

You're still not getting the original question. It was basically along the lines of, "If YOU were Rob Hennigan..." as opposed to what you thought he himself was prepared/willing to do.

You're still not getting the original question. It was basically along the lines of, "If YOU were Rob Hennigan..." as opposed to what you thought he himself was prepared/willing to do.

Ok maybe you are not getting my answer - if I'm Rob Hennigan I am expecting the guy to get offered 4 years at 54mm and I am crunching the numbers on my end to match that.

That's $13.5mm a year. I believe I'd do 12-14mm for him and also be looking at S&Ts with teams that can take that salary on. If nothing works out, I keep the guy. He gave us 17ppg and can play the 3 and the 4.

If you get him for $13mm a year you have a tradeable contract as long as he keeps playing at this level, if he improves you have a deal.

Ok maybe you are not getting my answer - if I'm Rob Hennigan I am expecting the guy to get offered 4 years at 54mm and I am crunching the numbers on my end to match that.

That's $13.5mm a year. I believe I'd do 12-14mm for him and also be looking at S&Ts with teams that can take that salary on. If nothing works out, I keep the guy. He gave us 17ppg and can play the 3 and the 4.

If you get him for $13mm a year you have a tradeable contract as long as he keeps playing at this level, if he improves you have a deal.

I'm pretty sure that if you match a signed offer sheet on a restricted free agent you can not do it as a sign and trade. You have to wait for a certain date/time (Dec 15th?/90 days) to trade him, and you can't trade him to the team that made the offer you matched.

I'm pretty sure that if you match a signed offer sheet on a restricted free agent you can not do it as a sign and trade. You have to wait for a certain date/time (Dec 15th?/90 days) to trade him, and you can't trade him to the team that made the offer you matched.

I think there are a few ways to navigate this though. Like you said, matching and trading elsewhere being one.

Yeah, I think you have to wait until the end of the season to trade him to the team that made the offer(or at least that's how I remember it being when we matched for Gortat).

He developed really good so far, and has his guys in his background pushing him!! With him reined with his old coach, we should see some great things from him!!

Alright, I think it was just lost in translation for a moment.

I have a pretty good feeling that that's where Rob's ability to handle the size of the contract ends too. To me, anything 15 per or higher on average just feels like too much for as little as he's done on the defensive end most nights.

What a summer..

At first I was on board for resigning him, but after seeing all the UFAs available and the fact that we now have Mario I wouldn't go overboard with the $$. Between Harris and waiving BG we could probably spend up to the max on the right PF or C

big UFAs available

LaMarcus Aldridge

Kevin Love

Paul Millsap

Amir Johnson

Brandon Bass

Chuck Hayes

Greg Monroe

Kevin Seraphin

Thomas Robinson

Tyler Hansbrough

Jason Smith

Ed Davis

Jason Maxiell

Marc Gasol

Tyson Chandler

DeAndre Jordan

Omer Asik

Robin Lopez

Greg Monroe

Brandan Wright

There are some guys there that can shoot AND play some decent D

No, not until Dec

Don't forget he gets the right to reject any trade the first year of his matched offer.