Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

Andrew Bogut was thought of as someone who did not reach his potential before Scott Skiles got ahold of him. Their offense was centered around the post game and their defense thrived with him at center.

I have no idea why you think we would trade Vuch at 24 years old and being a fundamentally sound 7 ft. scorer.

Just a feeling I have. Bogut came in to the league as a defensive big man who's offense needed work. I'm just guessing we're listening to offers and if one blows us away, we do it. I'm not saying trade him just to trade him. I love Vooch but our interior defense is a problem. At the very least we need a defensive 4. I want Taj Gibson and have for awhile

The reactionary tweets from Magic fans are hilarious / disheartening for my faith in the competence of the Fanbase. I've never seen so many people so upset and throwing in the towel since last time we hired a "cancer coach" named Stan Van Gundy. That one clearly didn't work out well. B)

If we assume that Thibs and Brooks aren't interested in the job, who should the team be looking at beyond Skiles? This is an honest question here. To me, he looks like the best likely available option. From my point of view, Skiles should be able to at least give us a couple of good years. If the team has to look again after that point, well, that's hardly unusual in this league.

But I freely admit that I was a huge fan of Skiles back in the day, and that may be coloring my thinking.

If we assume that Thibs and Brooks aren't interested in the job, who should the team be looking at beyond Skiles? This is an honest question here. To me, he looks like the best likely available option. From my point of view, Skiles should be able to at least give us a couple of good years. If the team has to look again after that point, well, that's hardly unusual in this league.

But I freely admit that I was a huge fan of Skiles back in the day, and that may be coloring my thinking.

Gentry could be a good option, but I don't love any of the coaches out there. I'll be happy with improvement and Hezonja on draft night

The reactionary tweets from Magic fans are hilarious / disheartening for my faith in the competence of the Fanbase. I've never seen so many people so upset and throwing in the towel since last time we hired a "cancer coach" named Stan Van Gundy. That one clearly didn't work out well. B)/>

Just sit back and enjoy the show. It's pretty hilarious right now.

I for one am really excited to see what Skiles brings to this team.

• Upvote 1

We're stuck with Skiles as I don't see a better option at this point if thibs is out

I don't think Thibs was ever in. Makes no sense for him to run into our job right now, was always nothing more than a rumor.

• Upvote 1

Just sit back and enjoy the show. It's pretty hilarious right now.

I for one am really excited to see what Skiles brings to this team.

I am too. Looking forward to how he inserts his defensive philosophy. I'm really excited to see how he helps Payton. That could turn out to be a special relationship.

I'm guessing all the reports are true about Skiles and the Magic being deep in contract negotiations for the head coaching job...and this kinda stuff takes time. But dang!...hurry up and just announce it, guys! This is starting to feel like the LeBron fiasco from last year.

I think they're waiting for Skiles to put up a full page ad on si.com that says "I'm coming home."

I'm guessing all the reports are true about Skiles and the Magic being deep in contract negotiations for the head coaching job...and this kinda stuff takes time. But dang!...hurry up and just announce it, guys! This is starting to feel like the LeBron fiasco from last year.

I think they're waiting for Skiles to put up a full page ad on si.com that says "I'm coming home."

"I'm Coming Home" by Scott Skiles (as told to Mike Bianchi).