Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

If we can trade Vuc and possibly Harris for Cousins and then bring in Malone, plus retain that draft pick and get some more shooting in free agency - I think we could be looking at a playoff team.

If we could get Boogie without giving up our pick someone in Sacto should be fired lol.

Lets take this even further: Trade Vuc plus future picks for Boogie, swap Harris for Butler. Get Thibs. Win lotto and add Towns/Russell

That team goes to the ECF

I've changed my mind about Jackson. I can't deny that he can coach young guys, but I've been hearing way too much about the politics behind the scenes and we just don't need that here.

For its worth I was listening to NBA radio this morning and the host say Thibs is headed to Orlando. They had on a Chicago beat writer who said he's 95% gone and Orlando is his most likely landing spot. Like I said take it with a grain of salt but they did mention it a few times.

Don't tease me bro. What show was this?

Orlando should do a trade for Thibs like what Boston did to Coach Rivers and Nets did with Jason Kidd. But who should the Magic trade for Thibs is the question.

Can't trade a player for coach; only draft picks, I think.

2015 is too valuable but probably protected 2016 or '17 pick.

If we can trade Vuc and possibly Harris for Cousins and then bring in Malone, plus retain that draft pick and get some more shooting in free agency - I think we could be looking at a playoff team.

Although I don't see this happening I'd love it(With or without Cousins). I wanted Malone before we hired Vaughn.

As far as Jackson is concerned I really cant wrap my mind around how anyone would/could want him here. He easily had superior talent at GS and it still didn't work out. How exactly would we benefit here when we wouldn't reach the level GS did under him simply because we don't possess the assets that GS had?

So you're a Bulls fan then? I don't understand why you are lobbying for us to trade an asset? That said, they can have Frye I suppose.

The reason trading for Thibs wouldn't be bad is because it assures us hiring him. If he gets fired and Wizards, Raptors, Thunder, and Pelicans also have openings, that's 4 other teams to fight for Thibs' coaching. He's a hot commodity. Right now its just us and Denver with openings, and we're a better situation all-around, but If more openings pop up, do we look more ideal than OKC and their stars? Pelicans with Davis? Wall and Beal?

I don't want to trade anything and hope a firing is quick and all these rumors are true, but mentally, I'm prepared to accept trading a future #1 for Thibs to make sure we get our guy.

May have to let go of that Lakers pick.

I will be pissed if Nikola is traded for Cousins, Cousins is a headcase

• Upvote 1

The reason trading for Thibs wouldn't be bad is because it assures us hiring him. If he gets fired and Wizards, Raptors, Thunder, and Pelicans also have openings, that's 4 other teams to fight for Thibs' coaching. He's a hot commodity. Right now its just us and Denver with openings, and we're a better situation all-around, but If more openings pop up, do we look more ideal than OKC and their stars? Pelicans with Davis? Wall and Beal?

I don't want to trade anything and hope a firing is quick and all these rumors are true, but mentally, I'm prepared to accept trading a future #1 for Thibs to make sure we get our guy.

May have to let go of that Lakers pick.

I sure hope not, the thought of trading draft picks for head coaches is a bad idea, name 1 team that won a championship with a new head coach from a trade?

I sure hope not, the thought of trading draft picks for head coaches is a bad idea, name 1 team that won a championship with a new head coach from a trade?

Tampa bay buccaneers