Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

was this the plan all along?

grab igor for offense while available

throw all D monies at thibs as HC

?????

profit

Honestly, would not surprise me one bit.

I love how Thibs has to take the blame for his best players getting injured but Westbrook and Durant have missed a tonne of time and Brooks is free from that stigma.

Also how Brooks is some great developmental coach but Thibs gets no credit for the development of his guys.

um, this is the first year OKC has had major injury problems

even then they still almost made the playoffs in the west

thibs doesn't get credit because anyone who does show their worth, gets run into the ground by him, if it was just one year, or one player sure.....but every season? he's the common denominator

um, this is the first year OKC has had major injury problems

even then they still almost made the playoffs in the west

thibs doesn't get credit because anyone who does show their worth, gets run into the ground by him, if it was just one year, or one player sure.....but every season? he's the common denominator

This year they missed everyone.

Last year Westbrook missed 40 games.

Year before that Westbrook missed the playoffs

"League sources said the Pelicans are willing to pay around $4 million to $5 million per season for Monty Williams' successor." http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237864/John-Calipari-Interested-In-Pelicans-Job That helps us a lot! So far they are interested in Brooks, Thibs, Calipari, JVG, and Gentry (already interviewed) , but at $4-5M we can out-pay them and steal wehoever we want if we get to them before they sign a contract biggrin.gif

This year they missed everyone.

Last year Westbrook missed 40 games.

Year before that Westbrook missed the playoffs

so brooks got them to have a .720 win % without westbrook for half a season(IN THE WEST)

and people think he can't coach?

so brooks got them to have a .720 win % without westbrook for half a season(IN THE WEST)

I think he can coach for sure. I believe Thibs is better and adds that factor our team is missing - heart and toughness. The Magic lacked that severely the past few years

But if we got Brooks, I would not be sad about it. I think he will be very good.

People blame him for stubbornly sticking with Kendrick Perkins in the nba finals.

I think he can coach for sure. I believe Thibs is better and adds that factor our team is missing - heart and toughness. The Magic lacked that severely the past few years

But if we got Brooks, I would not be sad about it. I think he will be very good.

I agree

was this the plan all along?

grab igor for offense while available

throw all D monies at thibs as HC

?????

profit

That only works if whatever defensive coach we hire goes with the plan and truly utilizes Igor as an assistant.

If it happens, Rob is a genious. Looking at the landscapes of candidates, Gentry is the only offensive-minded coach we'd consider so lock up a well respected offensive I assistant to pair with top defensive coach willing and open to use Igor.

There's a report out there (granted from a source I've never heard of so... grain of salt and all) that says we'd be willing to make Thibs the highest paid coach (or there abouts) in the league.

That would be a very bad move