Sign in to follow this  
jjgator

ESPN Article saying Payton deserves ROY

EP certainly does! IF only he got more consistent minutes first half of the season. It's ok. This team now looks poised to be a team of the future and despite some of the recent losses, we actually look decent for most of the game. We'd turned to garbage prior to JB taking over.

Me neither, and we can easily keep him if we want since he's restricted(although we'll probably have to pay a lot because some team will probably offer him a ridiculous contract).

Keeping a restricted free agent these days isn't nearly as easy as you'd think/hope. There's been several recent examples (Lin, Asik, Parsons) of teams giving players deals that were near impossible to match. I also agree that keeping Harris isn't a priority, and would dare to say we may be better off without him.

Ric Bucher showing us some love, saying he thinks Payton will be the best rookie in his draft class (comparing him to wiggins and others):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2409852-meet-the-real-nba-rookie-of-the-year-that-no-ones-talking-about?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-19?is_shared=true?is_shared=true

Yeah I gotta admit I didn't think he would regress this badly

This was a pretty measured thread. Nobody really says anything crazy except for Bucher.

This was a pretty measured thread. Nobody really says anything crazy except for Bucher.

Interesting you spoke of Dipos conditioning last year and it seems to still be a hindrance in his game. I wonder as he matures and understands his body (kind of like D. Wade at one point in his career) will he start to change his diet and working on becoming the best two way player in the league.

Interesting you spoke of Dipos conditioning last year and it seems to still be a hindrance in his game. I wonder as he matures and understands his body (kind of like D. Wade at one point in his career) will he start to change his diet and working on becoming the best two way player in the league.

They say that's what got Harden from where he was at OKC to being an MVP candidate was getting in better shape.

Oladipo is in great shape (compared to most people) but he's gotta get in elite shape.

What a difference a year makes

We've tended to badly overrate our "young guns" on this forum since the start of this rebuild.