Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Agree. I'm on board with the rebuild to this point, but if we don't spend a little this off-season I would be letdown to an extent. Not saying I'm expecting Aldridge or Love, just a few solid guys that can help the team.

During one of Skiles' radio interviews this week, he said the Magic were NOT spending big this summer. We'd likely target some vets to help bolster our bench. He also alluded to the fact that next summer, 2016, Rob's plan would be to try and hit a home run. The plan is to be competitive and hopefully make the playoffs this year, to show big FAs next summer that we're trending in the right direction and they can come win with us. Ideally, replicate what Bos did this past season in terms of winning.

We've been in the high lottery each of the past 3 seasons and had a focus on developing the experience and skills of our young core. You don't spend max money on a big name or two (or 2nd tier guys whom you have to pay max money to) if you your primary goal is to acquire and develop young talent.

This summer, he might spend. But in the end, it's a slow growth approach. To try and accelerate a process like this lands you in the 5th-8th seed for a decade.

3 miserable seasons is enough, it's time to make the playoffs.

During one of Skiles' radio interviews this week, he said the Magic were NOT spending big this summer. We'd likely target some vets to help bolster our bench. He also alluded to the fact that next summer, 2016, Rob's plan would be to try and hit a home run. The plan is to be competitive and hopefully make the playoffs this year, to show big FAs next summer that we're trending in the right direction and they can come win with us. Ideally, replicate what Bos did this past season in terms of winning.

We'll see. I didn't hear that interview, would like a link or something to it. I said I wasn't expecting a home run this summer, a couple actual good veterans plus our draft pick should get us in the playoffs.

We'll see. I didn't hear that interview, would like a link or something to it. I said I wasn't expecting a home run this summer, a couple actual good veterans plus our draft pick should get us in the playoffs.

I heard the same interview and he did say the magic were not going to make a big move this off season

Really think the Magic should go hard after Koufos. We know Vuc gets dinged up a bit and we really get thin at 5 if he is not playing. Also our bench would be so much better with a guy like that coming off it. He is one of the best free agent rim protectors available and he has potential to become a very good center who can anchor a defense.

Another guy I think the Magic will look at is Omri Casspi. Reminds me a little of Fournier, in which he played very solid and can give you 20 mpg off the bench. A 6'9 SF who shot 40% from 3 would be a real nice piece off the bench, and he probably would not cost too much.

I heard the same interview and he did say the magic were not going to make a big move this off season

Yep .Heard it as well. It's been all over the place.

If the Magic get rim protectors and shooters, and make the right draft pick, they should be all set to be a 7 or 8 seed this year. Then you can go after some free agents or make some trades.

Yep .Heard it as well. It's been all over the place.

If the Magic get rim protectors and shooters, and make the right draft pick, they should be all set to be a 7 or 8 seed this year. Then you can go after some free agents or make some trades.

A bench that won't turn a 4 point lead into a 12 point deficit in the first 4 minutes of the second quarter is all I ask for

• Upvote 1

A bench that won't turn a 4 point lead into a 12 point deficit in the first 4 minutes of the second quarter is all I ask for

Yeah we just had nothing except Evan and Aaron Gordon, and then he went down.

Let's assume tobias is gone. Our guard rotation is pretty set once we get a backup PG. there are a lot of options there.

Not having that PG really hurt this year. We also had no consistency at C. KOQ was good some nights and terrible others. Dedmon was too raw. Fournier was injured just enough to really kill us.

So if we added Koufos and a guy like Casspi, I think that would really help. We'd have Frye able to be more effective since Koufos could hold down the rim. We'd basically have a bench loaded with guys who shoot 39% from 3 surrounding a rim protecting C.

Should equate to more wins just from doing that.

Bring Jameer back

You should really look at all the PGs available before saying that. There are some very nice young PGs the Magic could steal.

I like Jameer, and it would be a nice story, but he will miss at least 20 games and the Magic need some durability back there.

he will miss at least 20 games and the Magic need some durability back there.

I'm aware of that part, that's why I think it's important to have 3 solid PGs

If we bring Jameer back to be our 3rd PG, that would be awesome. I'm just more focused on the guy behind Elf.