Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

You been in the board since 08, but on the side it says you join on 2010. Apparently you are just a complete liar.

When the board changed sites a lot of people lost their user names and had to either hit up Dan Savage or just create a new one. Guess which one I did.

Now sit down.

Fresh article from NBA.com about Exum...says he will be in attack mode this year unlike last season when he hovered around the arc...article says why he did that.

Says absolutely nothing about switching positions and or playing SG.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/07/08/utahs-dante-exum-attacking-year-two-aggressively/index.html

Why do you keep talking about this guy?

From your article :

""ou come in as a rookie, 19 years old (by the time the season started). I didn't want to step on people's toes. I wanted to come in as a point guard, I'm supposed to get assists, I'm supposed to be that team player. That's what I tried to be. I think the team last year kind of pointed out to me, 'We love that, but we need you to step up offensively as well and be that scoring threat.' I'm going to try next season to try to do it all."

Read the writing on the wall.

If you checked the links (there were five) only one was not from basketball reference. The only reason you say they are the wrong +/- stats is because they don't jive with your narrative. Those are the actual +/- and are available on every basketball site, including basketball reference. They are the same numbers everywhere. I included those from a different source than basketball reference to emphasize the diversity of ways to prove you wrong. And, for your education, NBA.com has expanded their metrics data that is very usable-more sortable than basketball reference, though still not my go to site.

If you believe that a single +/- stat holds much weight in how a player is ranked on our team then you clearly don't know as much about metrics as I wrongly gave you credit for. Now, when you compile multiple +/- stats together, they quickly start gaining statistical significance...and thus are more useful for what you are trying to do (for future arguments).

The only reason I mentioned the single +/- stat in the response is because you directly said it was something, when it wasn't. You got called out for being continually factually incorrect, hence near-baseless. Accept it and get over it. Just consider it a win that I gave you some benefit of the doubt by adding "near", since I generally don't disagree with your assessments I don't think your a complete idiot-just obtuse, that's all. If someone less readable had pulled the stunts you do then they would be entirely baseless. Lesson learned and move on, no?

Again, I am not factually incorrect at all. You are the one basing your entire argument on a stat that shows that our best 3 starters are the worst on the team. If somehow that makes you feel like you have made a semblance of a point, than I am happy for you. But the fact that you continue to debate one stat you gave, that again - shows Victor Vuc and Harris as the WORST players on the magic, tells me your interpretation of stats is horrible wrong.

I on the other hand posted multiple stats, all different, that place Harris in the top 3 on this team - which by the way - he is. That's common knowledge and silly to debate.

Some people lurk for a while before posting

Some people also had other accounts. I think I made one back in 07 or 08, but I didn't have my old e-mail anymore and forgot my password so I had to create a new one.

Interesting article on Deadspin in regards to the Jordan deal. They make it sound like Cuban's loose lips while partying got the ball rolling towards the Clippers.

Cuban being boisterous? That doesn't sound like him at all... :shard:/>

humility-demotivational-poster-1234282972.jpg

Why do you keep talking about this guy?

From your article :

""ou come in as a rookie, 19 years old (by the time the season started). I didn't want to step on people's toes. I wanted to come in as a point guard, I'm supposed to get assists, I'm supposed to be that team player. That's what I tried to be. I think the team last year kind of pointed out to me, 'We love that, but we need you to step up offensively as well and be that scoring threat.' I'm going to try next season to try to do it all."

Read the writing on the wall.

Lol...$50.00 right now...If Exum is ever listed at SG you win...If he plays PG for the next few seasons you Pay Pal me the money !

Thats easy cash for me, thank you. Unfortunately under your terms I can't collect for 2 more years.

I mean I just won :

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3102528/dante-exum

Thanks man.

Here's one...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/exumda01.html?mobile=false

Here's another that has him and Rodney Hood at guard and we know who plays PG out of those two.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/jazz/Celtics_vs_Jazz_Final_Book.pdf

The bet is still on and Exum has to be listed at SG any Jazz game this coming season.

If you're game...?

• Downvote 1

Again, I am not factually incorrect at all. You are the one basing your entire argument on a stat that shows that our best 3 starters are the worst on the team. If somehow that makes you feel like you have made a semblance of a point, than I am happy for you. But the fact that you continue to debate one stat you gave, that again - shows Victor Vuc and Harris as the WORST players on the magic, tells me your interpretation of stats is horrible wrong.

I on the other hand posted multiple stats, all different, that place Harris in the top 3 on this team - which by the way - he is. That's common knowledge and silly to debate.

Once again, here is what you just said: "Again. Harris was top 3 in the team in +/-. That is the actual reality, whether you choose to accept it or not". Post #3010 in this very thread. Go to any site you wish and find a +/- that puts him in the top 3 on the team. Find one different than the one I posted. My entire argument is that you constantly make things up, not that our starters are worst on the team-that is called deflection. I provided ample evidence to show that you make things up. That is the ONLY reason I posted the single +/- stat, not because thats how I base an entire argument-that is called misdirection. This is evident by the multiple other quotes of yours I debunked with fact in that response related to post #3010 in this thread (that you conveniently neglect). Your are so obstinate it's embarrassing. You make crap up, then instead of owning up to it you try to twist the very data you 'used' first to say that it doesn't mean anything, in this case +/-. Maybe I gave you too much credit it the last post...you might actually be obtuse and an idiot.

Here's one...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/exumda01.html?mobile=false

Here's another that has him and Rodney Hood at guard and we know who plays PG out of those two.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/jazz/Celtics_vs_Jazz_Final_Book.pdf

The bet is still on and Exum has to be listed at SG any Jazz game this coming season.

If you're game...?

Can I get in on this action?

Once again, here is what you just said: "Again. Harris was top 3 in the team in +/-. That is the actual reality, whether you choose to accept it or not". Post #3010 in this very thread. My entire argument is that you constantly make things up, not that our starters are worst on the team-that is called deflection. I provided ample evidence to show that you make things up. That is the ONLY reason I posted the single +/- stat, not because thats how I base an entire argument-that is called misdirection. This is evident by the multiple other quotes of yours I debunked with fact in that response related to post #3010 in this thread (that you conveniently neglect). Your are so obstinate it's embarrassing. You make crap up, then instead of owning up to it you try to twist the very data you 'used' first to say that it doesn't mean anything, in this case +/-. Maybe I gave you too much credit it the last post...you might actually be obtuse and an idiot.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2015.html

I made absolutely nothing up. Don't know how many times I have to say it. Go to Basketball reference and look at the Magic's stats. They use a plus minus rating that is far more accurate than yours. Yours has our best 3 players as the worst 3 on the team. Again, is that an accurate stat to base an argument off of?

No.

So now instead of just saying..wow, what a bad stat to use for trying to prove T12 is a bad player, you instead want to go down the path of a personal battle and say I make things up..etc.

That just tells me you are all out of actual basketball arguments and want to make it petty and personal as usual.

Remember when ball junkie HATED the idea of having Exum on this team when it was rumored we were going to draft him last year? Then, Exum has an extremely underwhelming rookie year and all of a sudden junkie wants him even though Elfrid was better in just about every way last year. I don't get it.