Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I can't believe I'm having to defend Dwight on Slam's FB page but Laker fans are so god damn stupid I have no other choice. He's the difference between Magic fans and Laker fans:

Magic fans: Dwight is an ass, but if we had a competent GM he would probably still be here and have a couple rings on his finger.

Laker fans: Dwight Howard sucks, why did we ever get him? Who would be so stupid to leave Kobe. Honestly, Bosh and Jefferson are better centers (<--- that was actually said).

Yes but the Lakers truly got the shaft. They traded for a guy who didn't want to be there and melted down in the playoffs. I can see their perspective, and to be honest, I enjoy reading their suffering.

Except he isn't. And I have stated multiple times I know the guy and he has been connected to the Magic and is friends with a lot of folks there since the team started. Why you constantly craft posts saying the same thing about him ill never know, but you act like he kicked your ass in a fight or something.

NOBODY will get inside info that is correct every time. No one. Only guy who gets that exception is Woj that I am aware of.

Look I get that he's your friend, but you treat him like he's your god. I've been on this board since 08, I don't remember a single one of his rumors that came true (please enlighten me if I missed any). Hell, I'VE broken more stories on this forum than Magical and I don't know anybody in the league (although admittedly it was complete dumb luck that I got that info). So yeah, I LOL whenever Magical is brought up.

But here's the crazy thing: I'm not the only one that does that. Not by a long shot.

Yes but the Lakers truly got the shaft. They traded for a guy who didn't want to be there and melted down in the playoffs. I can see their perspective, and to be honest, I enjoy reading their suffering.

I'm actually enjoying to what's happening to some of the big markets. Small market teams seem to be getting a lot more love.

I enjoy their suffering too, to an extent. I couldn't handle the stuff they were saying lol. Not that I'm a Dwight lover or anything, nothing like that, the stuff that was being said was just so stupid.

Look I get that he's your friend, but you treat him like he's your god. I've been on this board since 08, I don't remember a single one of his rumors that came true (please enlighten me if I missed any). Hell, I'VE broken more stories on this forum than Magical and I don't know anybody in the league (although admittedly it was complete dumb luck that I got that info). So yeah, I LOL whenever Magical is brought up.

But here's the crazy thing: I'm not the only one that does that. Not by a long shot.

Nope. I just know the guy and it gets annoying to read. It has nothing to do with gods or worship.

And no you have not broken more stories. I think the problem here is that you think in terms of this board. He used to post on another board and was on fire when Otis was here. He broke multiple stories at the time. Detailed the 4 out 1 in scheme really well before Battie was even hurt, called all the FA signings. It was why people followed him.

He was with me the night I posted the Hedo trade here. We were all downtown at Dragon Room (if you remember that place)with some Magic employees and a lot of booze.

Im not going to get into every single rumor that was true because you can just go read for yourself. But he took a lot of heat for saying the Magic were entertaining trades for Nik and that has come true. I believe you will hear more about that in the coming season depending on how things shake out with Skiles.

Detailed the 4 out 1 in scheme really well before Battie was even hurt

I can't dispute any of the rest because I have no idea but I did see an interview with SVG where he said the only reason he originally played the 4 out 1 in was because Battle got hurt.

I can't dispute any of the rest because I have no idea but I did see an interview with SVG where he said the only reason he originally played the 4 out 1 in was because Battle got hurt.

Yep. Its not exactly true though.

Reality is the Magic did not see Battie as a starter long term and SVG had a ton of analytics about how he thought the 4 out scheme would work to be extremely successful in the NBA with a guy like Dwight in the middle. He went over this stuff in his interview.

It was essentially considered a little progressive and not a first option. Battie was the safe first option, but it was something they were going to slowly explore. Once Battie went down it was THE plan.

It's amazing how now its becoming the standard.

Another thing that always fascinated me is how SVG expected Dwght to improve his post game as to be able to to dominate any C in single coverage and Dwight never elevated his game to be able to do it against certain guys.

Nope. I just know the guy and it gets annoying to read. It has nothing to do with gods or worship.

And no you have not broken more stories. I think the problem here is that you think in terms of this board. He used to post on another board and was on fire when Otis was here. He broke multiple stories at the time. Detailed the 4 out 1 in scheme really well before Battie was even hurt, called all the FA signings. It was why people followed him.

He was with me the night I posted the Hedo trade here. We were all downtown at Dragon Room (if you remember that place)with some Magic employees and a lot of booze.

Im not going to get into every single rumor that was true because you can just go read for yourself. But he took a lot of heat for saying the Magic were entertaining trades for Nik and that has come true. I believe you will hear more about that in the coming season depending on how things shake out with Skiles.

Fair enough. And I was obviously exaggerating with the god comment.

Fair enough. And I was obviously exaggerating with the god comment.

Its all good dude. I wouldn't even care if I didn't know him. He gets zero cash out of it so it's not like a Kyler type thing.

I use to post on the same board. I remember his posts quite well.

At times he would post outrageous things. I wonder if some of it was either him being given misinformation on purpose or him misinforming on purpose.

You been in the board since 08, but on the side it says you join on 2010. Apparently you are just a complete liar.