Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Harris is a very good player who scored in a bad scheme. He will be a great signing, but nest to Vuc he is just not an ideal fit.

If you had a defensive anchor at 5, Harris could be a beast. This is why SVG wants him so badly.

Harris is a very good player who scored in a bad scheme. He will be a great signing, but nest to Vuc he is just not an ideal fit.

If you had a defensive anchor at 5, Harris could be a beast. This is why SVG wants him so badly.

Do you think we might still let Harris walk even if we don't get Millsap?

Id be pretty surprised.

I think the backup plan would be to sign T12, Koufos and get some rim protection. We could then trade Harris a year from now.

Henny may have a S&T brewing too. Im quite sure he has a backup plan or 10.

I don't think we let Harris walk, period. I don't see Henny letting go of an asset without getting a return on that asset. I think it is far more likely that if T12 signs an offer sheet from, say Boston, that we match, and then trade him later. I can't remember the exact rules, if someone has time to check it would be good, but I think it is something like this.

If you match an offer sheet on a RFA, you can not trade that player until Dec 15th, or three months, whichever is later; and you can not trade them to the team whose offer you matched for a year (or maybe next July 1st).

So, say T12 signs an offer sheet from Boston for 4/60 and we match. We could potentially then trade him Dec 15th to anyone else except Boston (like Detroit).

I don't think we let Harris walk, period. I don't see Henny letting go of an asset without getting a return on that asset. I think it is far more likely that if T12 signs an offer sheet from, say Boston, that we match, and then trade him later. I can't remember the exact rules, if someone has time to check it would be good, but I think it is something like this.

If you match an offer sheet on a RFA, you can not trade that player until Dec 15th, or three months, whichever is later; and you can not trade them to the team whose offer you matched for a year (or maybe next July 1st).

So, say T12 signs an offer sheet from Boston for 4/60 and we match. We could potentially then trade him Dec 15th to anyone else except Boston (like Detroit).

sign and trade him for Luigi