Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Jordan Hill will be a FA. Any takers?

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 38m38 minutes ago

The Los Angeles Lakers have informed Jordan Hill they will not pick up his $9 million team option, league source tells RealGM.

I was thinking the same thing. Not a total problem solver for the 4 spot, but could give some help.

Back in 2012, Rob had some interest in Hill before he signed with Lakers. Wonder if that interest is still there? We could do a lot worse.

Ok so we pretty much have 10 roster spots set with Payton, Oladipo, Gordon, Frye, Vucevic, Fournier, Hezonja, harkless, dedmon, and Nicholson.

We have the option to keep these players

Harvey, Harris, marble, oquinn

If we keep Harris and sign Harvey we have 3 (maybe 2 as gms tend to like to leave a spot open for trades or unforseen circumstances) spots open.

We have needs at backup center and a defensive minded pf who can defend traditional big men. That's one player. We also have needs at third string pg as there's no way we can not play Oladipo at backup point (I mean Fournier is basically the backup point in those lineups anyway).

I think our best bet for backup point is probably a summer league guy as you can find a pretty solid pg who will be happy to be on a roster.

Ok so we pretty much have 10 roster spots set with Payton, Oladipo, Gordon, Frye, Vucevic, Fournier, Hezonja, harkless, dedmon, and Nicholson.

We have the option to keep these players

Harvey, Harris, marble, oquinn

If we keep Harris and sign Harvey we have 3 (maybe 2 as gms tend to like to leave a spot open for trades or unforseen circumstances) spots open.

We have needs at backup center and a defensive minded pf who can defend traditional big men. That's one player. We also have needs at third string pg as there's no way we can not play Oladipo at backup point (I mean Fournier is basically the backup point in those lineups anyway).

I think our best bet for backup point is probably a summer league guy as you can find a pretty solid pg who will be happy to be on a roster.

For PG, I was thinking Scottie Wilbekin is someone to watch in Summer League. Was a very good defender in college with a pretty decent offensive game. About 6'2" and had a nice season in Greece. If we go for a vet PG, Jameer Nelson could be the right man for the job depending on the salary demands. He played with a bunch of our core guys already and could bring a lot of vet leadership to the locker room.

This might sound crazy but Wade in Cleveland. Recently his dad was seen wearing a Cavs T-shirt, he talks about Miami in past tense at the finals, and microphones at brons and wades first game against each other last year picked up Bron saying something to the effect of, we will get this thing back together. He has taken pay cuts the past 5 years and now Riley doesn't want to pay up. I don't know Clevelands cap space, but if K Love goes to LA I know they will have money.