Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Let me guess, we're also signing Marc Gasol and trading Vuc for Steph Curry?

We can pass on Curry. Chris Paul is a lock

I would generally agree with you in that you can't write off rookies, but Marble is an exception.

Marble was an eye sore.

Was this pun intended. Nice

Yes, but who whined about this contract last year when it was irrelevant to the cap?

Id love to see a show of hands there since there were plenty of people who complained like ignorant children, but will now applaud the same thing that was obvious one year ago.

LOL I think you're totally right, and also did at the time, but I just picture you with an arm in the air looking frantically with bug eyes at us all waiting for a response. :shard:

He originally asked for like 12 million right?(I think we offered around 9 mil). I honestly think we should match no matter what(unless maybe Hennigan has some **** drawn up for next year where we'll need the cap space to make a big run next year). I don't see that happening though; unless a miracle happens we'll make the playoffs at best, but we won't be real 'contenders'. Sign him and then rob somebody next year in the offseason(or keep him, I just hate the idea of simply giving away a player like him).

See: Marcin Gortat. Don't let assets walk away lightly.

Yes, but who whined about this contract last year when it was irrelevant to the cap?

Id love to see a show of hands there since there were plenty of people who complained like ignorant children, but will now applaud the same thing that was obvious one year ago.

I said last year it was an overpay but acknowledged it was a 1 year deal, so I didn't really care then and don't now either.

People are allowed to complain about something than come around to it later. Doesn't make them ignorant children.

I said last year it was an overpay but acknowledged it was a 1 year deal, so I didn't really care then and don't now either.

People are allowed to complain about something than come around to it later. Doesn't make them ignorant children.

I confess. I was one of those people. May I be forgiven.

Of course. The thing is that this stuff was obvious back then and that is why the complaining was annoying to read. It was like - damn, people don't get it.

In this case it does make people ignorant because simple logic would tell you this would happen. I just think Rob takes heat for things he should not take heat for and this is a clear cut example of that.

Of course. The thing is that this stuff was obvious back then and that is why the complaining was annoying to read. It was like - damn, people don't get it.

In this case it does make people ignorant because simple logic would tell you this would happen. I just think Rob takes heat for things he should not take heat for and this is a clear cut example of that.

I'm with you on that. I think the same goes for most GM's. I think Rob gets a lot more love than hate on here though. I love what he's done so far this off-season. Trading Luke, Drafting Mario, Drafting Harvey, Waiving Gordon--He's 4-4 in my book so far this off-season.

LOL I think you're totally right, and also did at the time, but I just picture you with an arm in the air looking frantically with bug eyes at us all waiting for a response. :shard:/>/>

See: Marcin Gortat. Don't let assets walk away lightly.

We did nothing of the sort with Marcin. Otis traded him and our first rounder away for what he thought were better players at the time. I remember banging my head on my steering wheel in Lake Mary when I heard the details and saying "no way can a gm be that stupid...it can't be correct". What a dunce

I'm with you on that. I think the same goes for most GM's. I think Rob gets a lot more love than hate on here though. I love what he's done so far this off-season. Trading Luke, Drafting Mario, Drafting Harvey, Waiving Gordon--He's 4-4 in my book so far this off-season.

what will your grade be if he allowed Harris to walk because he was offered the max? 5 - 5? or 4-5?

He brought in Luke and Gordon too....you don't get props for bringing in guys and then sending them packing in one year. He also brought in Frye for 4 years, signed Marble for some odd reason. His drafting has been solid so far but the free agent signings he has made have been worthless. "A" for young talent "C minus" for free agents so far.

He brought in Luke and Gordon too....you don't get props for bringing in guys and then sending them packing in one year. He also brought in Frye for 4 years, signed Marble for some odd reason. His drafting has been solid so far but the free agent signings he has made have been worthless. "A" for young talent "C minus" for free agents so far.

This is what you have to do to build a young team. Grab guys at the end of their career who will just be content with cashing a paycheck. Otherwise you have guys griping about their minutes, guys demanding trades to contenders, guys thinking they're better than the young guys and they should start. Stuff like that.

We signed guys who will be in the mentor role. The same thing is going to happen this year if we keep Harris because there's no minutes out there for guys in their prime.

• Upvote 1

Who would you have wanted instead? They weren't great, but they were serviceable and didn't hurt our young guys' development.