Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Oladipo still has plenty of work to do, though. According to NBA.com player-tracking data, Oladipo was one of 17 players to log over 600 drives to the basket, but none shot worse on driving field-goal attempts than Oladipo (41.8 percent). Oladipo gets separation with his length and athleticism but lacks the touch to convert in traffic. For comparison, the similarly sized Dwyane Wade registered 55.4 percent shooting in such situations, and Eric Bledsoe put up 47.7 percent. As of now, Oladipo's jumper isn't sharp enough to compensate for his inside woes.

Coming into the league, Oladipo was projected as a defensive menace, but his numbers are a Debbie Downer on that end. Oladipo registered with the 57th-best defensive RPM at his position last season (-1.59), and his Synergy Sports per-possession data put him in the bottom 30 percent in the league. Put it all together, and the Magic were 4.6 points stingier per 100 possessions when he wasn't on the floor, per NBA.com. Scott Skiles, here's your project.

ewwwwwww

You should make a prediction thread again just like last season.

I will. They're always fun and there's always a sleeper that everybody misses (Phoenix 2 years ago, Milwaukee last year)

ewwwwwww

You say ewww. I say here's a point of improvement that, if Oladipo improves to average efficiency, might push him into all-star considerations. An 8% improvement meets him an additional 96 points. That's another 1.33 ppg.

You say ewww. I say here's a point of improvement that, if Oladipo improves to average efficiency, might push him into all-star considerations. An 8% improvement meets him an additional 96 points. That's another 1.33 ppg.

The 42% on drives is a downer but I was referring more to those defensive stats. I definitely thought Oladipo regressed defensively from his rookie season but to learn the team gave up 4.6 points less when he sat is really alarming.

The 42% on drives is a downer but I was referring more to those defensive stats. I definitely thought Oladipo regressed defensively from his rookie season but to learn the team gave up 4.6 points less when he sat is really alarming.

Yeah. Might be mostly him. Might be an impact of playing big minutes with Frye and Harris.

WHat if we magically pick up Tristan Thompson? How would you guys feel about him next to Vuc? I'm saying that because he declined.

WHat if we magically pick up Tristan Thompson? How would you guys feel about him next to Vuc? I'm saying that because he declined.

He doesn't fill any need for us at all.

He doesn't fill any need for us at all.

EDIT: Double post obviously

He doesn't fill any need for us at all

Wade gets the whistle, Vic doesn't.