Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Rob has had bad luck; for the product he orchestrated we should have gotten better draft picks out of the deal. There are things that could have been done differently that would have likely made us more competitive in the meantime while building a new core, but the specifics on who/what that could be don't really matter at this stage since it would be speculative.

Regardless of the number of young prospects we have on our team our team is still garbage, currently. Skiles is the only real upgrade this year except for hopefully Hedonism, and that aspect largely banks on what happens with Harris. This is the year we need to improve massively or we will have developed the wrong kind of culture-a losing one. We talk about having a new culture on this team, the problem is we don't know what that culture is. Of course any player, particularly young, says they 'want' to be here. If players truly wanted to be with the Magic currently then we would have attained Millsap's services. I don't think Rob has done a 'great' job, I think he has done a slightly above average job thus far.

So let me get this straight. You do not think CJ Watson is an upgrade at back-up point over Ridnour? And you do not think that adding Hezonja at the wing is an upgrade over Gordon/Green?

Those that complained about how much we payed Harris only need to look at Okc matching Portlands 70mil offersheet on Kanter.........

Wonder if we could take Steve Novak and Perry Jones from OKC and get some picks. We could even waive those guys afterward if we needed the roster space.

Wonder if we could take Steve Novak and Perry Jones from OKC and get some picks. We could even waive those guys afterward if we needed the roster space.

I remember the days Perry Jones had people comparing him to Tracy McGrady.....

I remember the days Perry Jones had people comparing him to Tracy McGrady.....

Kinda surprising they would give up on him. Last year he showed a little promise. Might be a late bloomer

Kinda surprising they would give up on him. Last year he showed a little promise. Might be a late bloomer

They gave up on Jeremy Lamb too from that same draft.

They gave up on Jeremy Lamb too from that same draft.

Yeah, but lamb wasn't an nba player to begin with. he looked like a guy who was transported from 1955. Not great athleticism. Scores most of his points from like 8 feet to the three point line but not a good three point shooter. Okc tried to turn that guy into a sharp shooter

Here is every transaction the magic have made since Hennigan was hired. Show me the bad move

Jul 11, 2012

Gustavo Ayon was acquired by the Orlando Magic from the New Orleans Hornets in a trade.

I like Rob, but he ain't bulletproof.

That's the only questionable move and could be explained by Ryan wanting to leave.

Gotcha. It's just a double kick in the dick that we down the road had to intentionally sign Frye to a bad contract (which I don't consider a bad move because we did it on purpose), and Frye at his best was a poor man's Anderson.

Gotcha. It's just a double kick in the dick that we down the road had to intentionally sign Frye to a bad contract (which I don't consider a bad move because we did it on purpose), and Frye at his best was a poor man's Anderson.

Yeah, though an unfortunate life event pretty much destroyed his last couple years. Frye was better than Anderson last year to show how bad Anderson has been