Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Also, I've never been a huge tobias guy. But when people (professional nba writers and on this board) have been telling me he's going to get a max offer for the last 8 months and he ends up getting a slightly less than a max offer, I'm pretty happy.

• Upvote 1

So a 25 win team added Mario Hezonja, unless Rob works some sort of trade this will be our offseason. He sure is putting a lot of faith in the development of our young players.

Well that has always been the plan. It was pretty clear from the beginning that the Magic would build a core with their draft picks and it would take about 5 years to be back to being regulars in the playoffs. Once the team makes playoffs and shows promise, the Magic will be much more successful in free agency.

I think he does play the 4. I also think Mario will be the starter but to expect it to be Mario opening night is pretty high hopes. I would not be surprised if it is Fournier or Gordon.

I still say Mario will be more NBA ready week one than AG will be in his second NBA season. It's high hopes but I have high expectations of Mario.

I'm alright with the slight overpay. Rob & Skiles seem to be on the same page and they must think they have a good roster fit and know where they want to use Harris.

We still need a backup big and a backup PG

Jordan Hill or Koufos for back up big

CJ watson or Aaron Brooks for back up PG

ideally lol

Jordan Hill or Koufos for back up big

CJ watson or Aaron Brooks for back up PG

ideally lol

Koufos is going to get a relatively big contract. Watson would be a cool backup. Maybe Lin too. I'm hoping that PHX deal happens and we get Morris.

Also, I've never been a huge tobias guy. But when people (professional nba writers and on this board) have been telling me he's going to get a max offer for the last 8 months and he ends up getting a slightly less than a max offer, I'm pretty happy.

Yes and some of the better writers like Zach Lowe are saying Tobias is a great NBA player, I tend to agree. These guys study analytics and film like crazy and see the potential.

Tobias is a guy you have to use properly. I really think Skiles will use him well.

Lets look at what Toronto is doing this year - they wanted to start Carroll at 4 and went for Matthews to play at SG.

My point is that I think the Magic could have a lethal small ball lineup IF harris can improve on the defensive end against 4s. If he gets outplayed by Gordon we have a trade piece.

I also like Tobias simply because he is essentially our "star" right now in terms of media exposure. We need a guy who can attract some attention to the team while the others guys develop.

And I'm not sure why, a year later, a guy like Parsons was unwanted because of what he'd command.

Not sure what that has to do with you not knowing the Magic's payroll or roster.

Yes and some of the better writers like Zach Lowe are saying Tobias is a great NBA player, I tend to agree. These guys study analytics and film like crazy and see the potential.

Tobias is a guy you have to use properly. I really think Skiles will use him well.

Lets look at what Toronto is doing this year - they wanted to start Carroll at 4 and went for Matthews to play at SG.

My point is that I think the Magic could have a lethal small ball lineup IF harris can improve on the defensive end against 4s. If he gets outplayed by Gordon we have a trade piece.

I also like Tobias simply because he is essentially our "star" right now in terms of media exposure. We need a guy who can attract some attention to the team while the others guys develop.

Agree on the small ball..

BUT

Wait, Harris attracts attention? Oladipo is more of a household name than Harris.