Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I'm pretty sure that's how professional life works. When you get better at something, you get more money.

Yes, that's all fine and dandy, when the player actually is worth the starting salary to begin with. Also, you're assuming Harris gets better every year, another novice concept.

Harris has major flaws. But if you want to gamble on a guy, pick the 22 year old who averages 17ppg.

Exactly. There is always gonna be a market for a guy like him. If he doesn't pan out, he goes to a team that would be desperate for a scorer.

Maybe this wasn't plan A, but it's to see that we're just not flat losing assets. Also 4 years seems to make sense with Payton and Gordon coming off their rookie deals (and hopefully Hezonja will be a max player in the following year).

I just keep thinking he is 22 and averaged 17 and 8.. has not had a proper coach or system since he has been here.

Trying to figure out why anyone would be excited about this

Magic fans are simple folk with low expectations. Any move is a good move, right?

"In Henny I trust"

guys can anybody do the math to what the contract equates to once the cap goes way up next year?

let just say its 90 mil...

if someone could work it out that be great.

Using a 15.4 million contract in 16-17 it would be a 11.64 million contract of the cap stayed at 67 like it's supposed to be this year. In 2005 money it's 9.07

I just keep thinking he is 22 and averaged 17 and 8.. has not had a proper coach or system since he has been here.

Don't forget the multiple game-winners

Tobias has to play at the PF spot on offence..

I am thinking we are going to be seeing alot of Robs vision with Gordon and Harris Combo switching on D & O

Gonna need to really work hard on team D

Don't forget the multiple game-winners

For some reason the clear path foul against Chicago stands out just as much to me.

But he is 22. He can get better. He will have a real coach. It's an overpay, but I hope it works out and Harris does improve. Came off as a knee jerk reaction after missing out on Milsap but who knows.