Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Tobias is what 22, he is still younger than some players in the 2015 draft. Still so much time to develop.

I mean to the eye it's alot of money.. But new TV deal and him actually improving more and more makes it easier for me.

Regardless it's a done deal...

I am betting the boy improves and in the end we all look back and say good job Henny.

I'll take that bet.

I think it's about 10% more than we probably should have spent but I recognise that 10% might be worth it if it makes him easier to move.

I think he's a young player worth gambling on.

I also would be surprised if he was still on the team 2 years from now.

4/56 would of been alot better personally...

lets see what the final details are...

Gonna be interesting to hear Robs comments on the situation.

he probably showed henni the offers and henni cut the check.

That is the only way we sign him to 16 mil per year.

14 mil was over paying him.

I hope there are bonus incentives and not a flat 16 mil.

I am glad they dont have 6 year contract anymore.

I do like our team, I just hope they can stay together. 16 mil will hurt if he does not grow.

Yes. This is a gamble. If he only improves slightly, it's a horrible deal and will set us back. Thank god no 6 year deals or I would be in the bathroom throwing up right now.

If he comes out and plays good out of the gates next season, we could trade him by the deadline and get a good return. So I am hoping that is the case.

What's a team that doesn't have Tobias look like then?

And are we really quibbling about 2-3 mil per? It's not even relevant.

it is relevant since the magic didn't want to give him an extra 2-3 last summer

i am glad he's coming back but this team still needs alot of work, so far henny has done nothing to improve the roster

So we're keeping the core together, but is our core good enough? That's the question. I do believe we had to retain Harris (especially after missing out on Milsap) and that at some point he will be the guy we trade for the piece that will help make us a contender. Henny couldn't let him walk, it just wasn't an option and really who cares about it being $1-2M more per than most would have preferred.

Some thoughts here

Very happy to see Tobias coming back, it made no sense to let him go. 15 was my prediction and he got 16, which is a little higher than even I (a huge fan) would've liked but it is what it is. Hezonja is starting his rookie year right now so who cares?

And HeHateMe: stay mad! HA

Yep i am leaning that way also.. Gonna be really interesting to see what he can do with a legit NBA coach and system.

16 per seems high but it ain't our money.. i keep forgetting Tobias is 22 myself lol

Call it the JV Curve. It's difficult to fully evaluate our players because of it.

But if you watched Toby's development from 2 years ago, you can't let him get away.

People are getting way to attached to the per year number too. 16 USED to be a lot per year, it simply isn't anymore.

they also have better players

...that won 25 games the season before. Did they look this good on 7/3/14? Maybe we'll look better a year from now.

it is relevant since the magic didn't want to give him an extra 2-3 last summer

i am glad he's coming back but this team still needs alot of work, so far henny has done nothing to improve the roster

Nothing.

If Rob & Skiles are planning on playing Harris at PF I am a little more okay with it (still hate it), but if he starts at SF HeHateMe is out forever, much to the delight of most people on here probably.

Payton

Dipo

Mario

Harris

Vuch

Fournier

AG

That lineup could work. Just really betting that Dipo and Harris make the jump. They have to or this team doesn't work. If Skiles can make Harris a good defender that would also make this a better deal.