Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

We still had to sign him but we shouldn't have paid that much unless it was offered by someone else. Could another team have even offered that same deal? Oh well, it's not my money.

Not my money either, but the team I spend money to go see LOL.

the magic have ended up paying him almost twice as much as they offered last summer

shoulda got it done then, henny screwed himself.

Yea he did. Here's to hoping Harris actually does improve and becomes at least close to worth that money.

Damn.

Don't like it.

the numbers i saw last summer were he wanted 12 to 13, now in henny's defense the new tv deal also plays a role here.

the problem is the team has mostly the same roster as last year, sorry folks skiles and mario alone don't take this team from 25 wins to 45

This.

Here we are paying a guy 64 million, 16 mil a year, and most feel like our team isn't any better. Because it isn't.

the numbers i saw last summer were he wanted 12 to 13, now in henny's defense the new tv deal also plays a role here.

the problem is the team has mostly the same roster as last year, sorry folks skiles and mario alone don't take this team from 25 wins to 45

What's a team that doesn't have Tobias look like then?

And are we really quibbling about 2-3 mil per? It's not even relevant.

Dante Exum and a year of experience for the young players got Utah from 25 wins to 38 wins last year. So...

he probably showed henni the offers and henni cut the check.

That is the only way we sign him to 16 mil per year.

14 mil was over paying him.

I hope there are bonus incentives and not a flat 16 mil.

I am glad they dont have 6 year contract anymore.

I do like our team, I just hope they can stay together. 16 mil will hurt if he does not grow.

Dante Exum and a year of experience for the young players got Utah from 25 wins to 38 wins last year. So...

I just never saw 16 million coming. And I don't even remember seeing the Harris lovers on here saying they would pay that much for him. This seems 100% like Harris got his way and Rob got worked.

Guy has the least potential of anyone in our starting 5 and were paying him stupid money.

"We should match any offer for Harris, even the max"

Harris gets resigned for ~5 million less than a max offer and ~ 26 million less than a team resigning max

"This is a terrible deal!"

Tobias is what 22, he is still younger than some players in the 2015 draft. Still so much time to develop.

I mean to the eye it's alot of money.. But new TV deal and him actually improving more and more makes it easier for me.

Regardless it's a done deal...

I am betting the boy improves and in the end we all look back and say good job Henny.

I guess it ends up coming down to your view of him as a player.

I've been driving the Harris bandwagon for years now. He is going to be a multiple time all-star imo. He's only getting better. Guy is younger then Dipo for christsakes.

also, now we can trade him December 15th. If he signed an offer sheet he would have a no trade clause for a year and couldn't be traded to the team that offered him the contract

"We should match any offer for Harris, even the max"

Harris gets resigned for ~5 million less than a max offer and ~ 26 million less than a team resigning max

"This is a terrible deal!"

It is a terrible deal. But we are the Magic, so nothing is shocking to me.

At least we can trade him.

I guess it ends up coming down to your view of him as a player.

I've been driving the Harris bandwagon for years now. He is going to be a multiple time all-star imo. He's only getting better. Guy is younger then Dipo for christsakes.

Yep i am leaning that way also.. Gonna be really interesting to see what he can do with a legit NBA coach and system.

16 per seems high but it ain't our money.. i keep forgetting Tobias is 22 myself lol