Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I don't know how to take this rumor. Basically at the end of the day if all stars aligned, would we prefer a 22 year old Tobias Harris or a 30 year old Milsap. I have to admit, I am slipping towards the Harris camp.

It sounds like it's up to Milsap at this point. Both the Hawks and us are apparently ready to sign him for the max.

I don't know how to take this rumor. Basically at the end of the day if all stars aligned, would we prefer a 22 year old Tobias Harris or a 30 year old Milsap. I have to admit, I am slipping towards the Harris camp.

or we could have both. If we sign Millsap, that doesn't prevent us from re-signing Harris.

Payton/Vet PG/Harvey

Oladipo/Fournier/Marble

Harris/Hezonja/Harkless

Millsap/Gordon/Frye/Nicholson

Vucevic/Dedmon

That's how we stand right now, if we keep Harris and get Millsap. One would think we find a way to move Nicholson and keep KQ for depth?

Isn't Milsap's game a lot like Vuc ?...Is he a rim protector ?...In short, does his game fit our team ?

He's actually a lot like what we wish Harris was. Four that plays on the perimeter, moves like a 3, and still fights for rebounds.

If we end up with a talented team with a fatal flaw that is ok in the short term. Obviously it's something we want fixed before we can contend but it's not imperative that we fix it to reach the next step.

Payton-dipo-Hezonja-millsap-Vucevic

Bench-Fournier-Gordon-backup big

That's a rotation that should be in the playoffs. That's a sixth seed maybe.

What are the comps on Milsap and why would we offer a 30-year-old him $20 mil / yr and not a 22-year-old Harris who has similar stats?

Is Milsap a better passer? A better team defender? A better 3-pt shooter? What is it that drives us to him rather than matching Harris?

or we could have both. If we sign Millsap, that doesn't prevent us from re-signing Harris.

Payton/Vet PG/Harvey

Oladipo/Fournier/Marble

Harris/Hezonja/Harkless

Millsap/Gordon/Frye/Nicholson

Vucevic/Dedmon

That's how we stand right now, if we keep Harris and get Millsap. One would think we find a way to move Nicholson and keep KQ for depth?

I mean you're technically right but there's little chance of that happening unless we plan to bury gordon and Hezonja on the bench

What are the comps on Milsap and why would we offer a 30-year-old him $20 mil / yr and not a 22-year-old Harris who has similar stats?

Is Milsap a better passer? A better team defender? A better 3-pt shooter? What is it that drives us to him rather than matching Harris?

More complete offensive game, better scorer, slightly better rebounder, better defender. Harris might be a tad more athletic.

He's actually a lot like what we wish Harris was. Four that plays on the perimeter, moves like a 3, and still fights for rebounds.

If we end up with a talented team with a fatal flaw that is ok in the short term. Obviously it's something we want fixed before we can contend but it's not imperative that we fix it to reach the next step.

Starting on ATL too, he knows how to work in a winning Defense it would seem.

I'm not opposed to signing both Milsap and Harris, but it just seems like you're using a lot of money for a singular type of talent.

It is an intriguing line up. I just would hope that Harris does not explode and become much much more than he was whilst in Orlando. He is still only 22, most players are only just getting a feel for the league at that age.

More complete offensive game, better scorer, slightly better rebounder, better defender. Harris might be a tad more athletic.

Milsap is better but Harris is 8 years younger and growing still. I guess I'm just slightly unsure about this direction, but I again trust Rob & his team have done their due diligence.

Millsap is a better shooting, better rebounding, better defensive version of Harris who put up Harris like numbers on a 60 win team.

It is an intriguing line up. I just would hope that Harris does not explode and become much much more than he was whilst in Orlando. He is still only 22, most players are only just getting a feel for the league at that age.

I agree with this. I just don't think you go for a slight upgrade of someone who is 8 years older than a guy that you already have on your roster if you want him.

Truthfully, it might be that Harris is just out the door in the minds of the Magic at this point. This is the feeling I have.