Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Be on the lookout during the playoffs folks. Our next FA signing might be playing these next few weeks. The popular ones (i.e. Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green) we probably won't have a shot at, but hopefully Henny finds us that next key piece. Who's a realistic option for us?

Danny Green

I love how upset Eskobar gets. You can almost visualize him grinding his teeth and pounding the keyboard as he attempts to respond to and one up every person on the internet, one post at a time.

Attempting to leverage the Frye signing as some kind of "in your face" point just showcases a lack of understanding that his contract will essentially equate to 3-4mm a year by 2016.

People who complain about the Frye signing may as well just have an avatar that says "I don't understand salary cap structure, but I'm going to argue about it anyway". It will save all of us time.

Be on the lookout during the playoffs folks. Our next FA signing might be playing these next few weeks. The popular ones (i.e. Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green) we probably won't have a shot at, but hopefully Henny finds us that next key piece. Who's a realistic option for us?

I could see us going after Mike Dunleavy and/or Aaron Brooks. Dunleavy is a solid pro who provides outside shooting and Brooks is an upgrade at backup PG... Don't think either will be very expensive. Also, importantly, they both play for Thibs currently.

I could see us going after Mike Dunleavy and/or Aaron Brooks. Dunleavy is a solid pro who provides outside shooting and Brooks is an upgrade at backup PG... Don't think either will be very expensive. Also, importantly, they both play for Thibs currently.

I definitely wouldn't mind those guys coming off the bench. If we got Thibs, I wonder how many would follow. Butler perhaps?

I can see it now: Okafor/Towns, Oladipo, Payton, and Butler coached by Thibs.

Magic would be back and then we get to go beat those silly Cav fans and make them cry again.

I definitely wouldn't mind those guys coming off the bench. If we got Thibs, I wonder how many would follow. Butler perhaps?

I can see it now: Okafor/Towns, Oladipo, Payton, and Butler coached by Thibs.

Magic would be back and then we get to go beat those silly Cav fans and make them cry again.

Butler isn't going to happen. He's a restricted free agent so Chicago will match pretty much anything. His situation isn't like a Parsons or something because he is legitimately worth the max in this market.

Attempting to leverage the Frye signing as some kind of "in your face" point just showcases a lack of understanding that his contract will essentially equate to 3-4mm a year by 2016.

That's some pretty fuzzy math. $4M per year in 2014 equates to 6.34% of a $63M cap. In order for Frye's 2016 wage of $7.8M to equate to 6.34%, the cap would have to be $123M. The estimates I've seen for 2016 are around $89M.

I think of the top level FAs, Butler is the most realistic (assuming we get Thibs). Maybe they don't want to pay max and man's we entice them with a Harris-Butler swap

Tristan Thompson wouldn't be a bad consolation prize if we miss out on the top tier free agents, especially if the price is right.

Per 36 minutes, Thompson is averaging 12.7 points and 10.5 rebounds for his career. And, while he is not much of a shot blocker, his one block per 36 minutes does not tell the story of how well he contests shots with a high standing reach of 9-feet-0.5 and max vertical leap of 35 inches, as measured in the NBA Draft Combine.

Thompson is a good athlete, natural basketball player and potentially the forward who could give Orlando what it needs to fill out its starting frontcourt.

There are a lot of doubts as to whether Thompson is worth the money he is seeking, but his per-minute production is what needs to be seized. He needs the chance to reach his potential.

He has adapted to the NBA well for his young career, but teams are banking on a lot of potential if he is to be inked to a deal approaching the max. Will the Magic end up being one of them? Could they get him on the cheap?

http://orlandomagicd...-orlando-magic/

Really? I don't get what everyone likes about him.

Yeah. not sure if he's worth paying the money he wants. Too much of his offense comes near the rim. He's not a bad player by any means, and we sure are lacking quality players off the bench, but I think there's a smarter way to fill that spot for less money.